Why is Nike equipment Sky Rocketing ??

nyckuk

Visit site
I was looking on FB golf selling page and see some Nike woods selling for a fair few quid . No one was moaning about the price and Some of the comments saying Nike stuff will Sky Rocket.
So had a look on ebay and my Nike irons i bought new in 2016 are now selling for double the price second handed.
Whats the reason for this ???

I wish i kept of my Nike driver i sold 18 month ago

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was looking on FB golf selling page and see some Nike woods selling for a fair few quid . No one was moaning about the price and Some of the comments saying Nike stuff will Sky Rocket.
So had a look on ebay and my Nike irons i bought new in 2016 are now selling for double the price second handed.
Whats the reason for this ???

I wish i kept of my Nike driver i sold 18 month ago

I suppose potential rarity of some of the stuff since Nike no longer produce golf gear.

Some of it will be people just putting silly prices on stuff (not limited to Nike) and some will be because there's not a lot of an item around.

VRs proto combi irons would probably fetch a fair price these days.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
As said above - since Nike don't make gear anymore, for those that particularly want Nike clubs the supply will get smaller and smaller. Also the price of all second hand gear generally has gone up in the last 18 months due to lots of people taking up golf after lockdowns when nothing else was open / more people working from home and having more time.

The Fader

Visit site
An ever decreasing supply and the Tiger association.

Plus I believe that most Nike equipment was way better than it's usual press. Think the golf world was a bit sniffy at a new kid on the block.

I passed on a set of the original pro-combo irons to my brother years ago. Manys the time I've regretted it. Best set of irons I ever owned.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think all use stuff is making silly money, I sold my 2012 TM CB’s in November 2014 for 225.00 on here, they are now making £250-325 on eBay. WTF!!!!

elmoag

Club Champion
Visit site
It’s a combination
Pre owned in general has risen in value.
Nike is not made anymore.
Younger players coming back to the game or starting have a strong relationship with the Nike brand and are happy to pay to get it.
Good condition Nike clubs and bags are comfortably worth more now than they were 2 years ago.