Why do my new golf shoes look old and wrinkled ?

ANDYTROW

Club Champion
Visit site
Does anyone elses golf quickly go from looking new and pristeen to a wrinkled scruffy mess. Anyone have any ideas / solutions ?
I clean and polish them but they dont last like other footwear I have.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's life mate. You watch the Pro's and their shoes are the whitest of white and they never look scuffed.

THATS BECAUSE THEY GET A NEW PAIR EVERY WEEK.

If you watched the U.S. Open last week the top players used a different pair every day. They don't have to fork out a good chunk of their wages to buy them. A wet cloth and a little soap with keep them nice and maybe a spot of water repelent spray.

B

birdieman

Each round of golf a player walks, on average, around 6 miles with all the wandering about greens etc. If you did that in any other footwear they too would fall to bits. 5 rounds of golf = 30 miles walked so over a season of 40+ games thats a lot of miles!
Change the spikes often and give the shoes a wipe with a rag soaked in a basin with washing powder every game.

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's like being at school when you got a new pair of trainers - god did they shine like a beacon. Then after approx. 5 minutes they turn into a scruffy, mud crusting sticking mess and your mum demands you leave them in the garage.

We don't have the weather for white shoes - don't be seduced -they will look like shite after one round on our mushy fairways.

ANDYTROW

Club Champion
Visit site
Its not the mud and dirt that bothers me I clean them after every round. Its the creased, wrinkly mess they turn into. Think I may go for a canvas pair for dry days and black leather for winter.