Why did I bother...

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Went out for a knock about this evening, 1st time in 3 weeks after having a chest infection, by the time I'd got to the 3rd T I was wondering why I'd even bothered, as soon as the cold air got in my lungs that was it I couldn't hit swing a club for peanuts let alone hit a decent shot with any real venom, looks like I'll be out for another couple of weeks at least and I'm a bit worried that all the hard work I've put in over the last few months trying to get my swing rite is gonna go to waste 'annoyed' to say the least and that's putting it mildly...:angry:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Went out for a knock about this evening, 1st time in 3 weeks after having a chest infection, by the time I'd got to the 3rd T I was wondering why I'd even bothered, as soon as the cold air got in my lungs that was it I couldn't hit swing a club for peanuts let alone hit a decent shot with any real venom, looks like I'll be out for another couple of weeks at least and I'm a bit worried that all the hard work I've put in over the last few months trying to get my swing rite is gonna go to waste 'annoyed' to say the least and that's putting it mildly...:angry:

Bad news but get yourself fit and healthy again soon and listen to any medical advice you're given. I know it's frustrating that the work you've done in practice is stagnating, but with winter coming, they'll be more chances to work on your game, get out and then get ready for the 2017 season. I hope you get well soon

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bad news but get yourself fit and healthy again soon and listen to any medical advice you're given. I know it's frustrating that the work you've done in practice is stagnating, but with winter coming, they'll be more chances to work on your game, get out and then get ready for the 2017 season. I hope you get well soon

Thanks for the well wishes buddy, I think I'll take the 'little and often' approach with regular trips to the practice ground over the next 2-3 weeks rather than try to take the course on then with any luck when I'm feeling up to it it won't be like starting all over again...

Cheers bud...:thup:

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Chest infections are not easy to get over and with some cold air it makes it even harder. You don't realise how much strength it takes out of you. Take it easy and don't rush.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Have you been down the range since you were ill?
If you can hit 90 balls in reasonable time without huffing n puffing , you should be ok

Good luck

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been there done that.

Got a nasty one this summer but kept up exercising.

Ended up at the docs and he told me to lay off exercise for a month or so!

ChrisB0210

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Hope you feel better soon and I can sympathise with your frustration. I always find illnesses are harder to come back from than strains, sprains etc. I think the problem is we often feel well in ourselves, but don't realise how much a round can take out of us.

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks for the well wishes and advice gents, seems that yesterday afternoons little escapade took a little more out of me than I initially thought, been feeling like the proverbial 'sack 'o' sh*te' all day today, the coughs back with a vengeance to the point of vomiting (sorry to anyone with a weak constitution) and I'm generally feeling fit for naff-all, still I suppose that'll teach me for being a stubborn dumbass, should of listened to me head rather than me heart... :rolleyes:

Cheers for now... :thup: