WHS.

Pedro242

Visit site
Does anyone know how to enter scores whilst playing in another country? I’ve used the England golf app to generate score cards whilst playing in England, but have golf coming up in Wales, Spain and Portugal this year. It’s supposed to be a world handicap system, but seems limited to the country you are living in???

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The rules of the system itself are pretty well the same world wide. However the various authorities responsible for running it haven't got their IT acts together yet.
Which means you will have to bring your cards back and get them entered by your club.

D

Deleted member 21445

I asked England Golf the same question on social media/email and got no reply.

Im off to Florida in 7 days so if you get an answer let me know.. ?

D

Deleted member 17920

I asked England Golf the same question on social media/email and got no reply.

Im off to Florida in 7 days so if you get an answer let me know.. ?
Any scores you do In Florida will be manually inputted once you send them to your club.

Hopefully we will be able to enter them on the app once it’s sorted with the software.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does anyone know how to enter scores whilst playing in another country? I’ve used the England golf app to generate score cards whilst playing in England, but have golf coming up in Wales, Spain and Portugal this year. It’s supposed to be a world handicap system, but seems limited to the country you are living in???

there you do, straight from England Golf. I emailed as guys I know in Scotland can submit cards from England using the Scottish Golf app, so wondered if there was a timeline for EG
B533F220-2407-43C9-8224-2C51CE4C22C8.jpeg

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Our lads that played in Turkey email their cards to me after play and it was sorted by next days play.

Yes, but you are sufficiently organised. :) That said, even under the old system, some places you played in an Open, the card was with your H'cap sec in a couple of days. other places chucked them straight in the bin. Last year I played 2 Opens, both in Wales, one appeared on my record, one didn't. So, the automated system in one region isnt fool proof either.

I think not having a common platform, or one's that speak to each other is (in this day and age) pretty awful. But, it's absence isn't the end of the world! My perception from the guys I play with is that they play golf as before and don't bother with supplementary scores and comps at their clubs are their qualifying rounds.

If I didn't read this forum I wouldn't even know it was an issue!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
All scores by all players in all comps should be recorded and entered into the system. That may stop a lot of this cheating, let's face it there is no other word for it, going on

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Weve been through this already, the whole uk competition system is now not fit for purpose. We took the most competitive, strict, and best supported competition system and modelled it on the worst, most abused and least well supported system.

Sorry i just want a rant....