WHS Allowance Small Field singles stroke play

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
I am sure I have read that the EG recommended not to apply the WHS 100% Allowance for a small field stroke play competition, I'm asking because we have a singles stroke play knockout and I initially set up 95% but I just want to check that it shouldn't be 100% as there are only two players per match?

Thanks

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am sure I have read that the EG recommended not to apply the WHS 100% Allowance for a small field stroke play competition, I'm asking because we have a singles stroke play knockout and I initially set up 95% but I just want to check that it shouldn't be 100% as there are only two players per match?

Thanks
A little confusing. Are they playing strokeplay or matchplay?

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
The competition is a stroke play knockout, how it works is players enter when full IG makes the draw and each pair the play the course stroke play and the winner of the match is the player with the best net score after 18 holes, unless one player is net so far behind he concedes. The Winner goes though to the next round etc etc.

Interesting issue has cropped up in as much they should be classed as WHS Qualifiers so the players will need to return there cards??

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The competition is a stroke play knockout, how it works is players enter when full IG makes the draw and each pair the play the course stroke play and the winner of the match is the player with the best net score after 18 holes, unless one player is net so far behind he concedes. The Winner goes though to the next round etc etc.

Interesting issue has cropped up in as much they should be classed as WHS Qualifiers so the players will need to return there cards??
Well, the games would certainly satisfy the conditions in Rule 2.1 as acceptable scores. I can see no guidance about whether they should be classified as a number of 'competitions' with 2 man fields or as individual general play scores. But as far as I can see, it would make no difference to handicap calculations.
But I've probably missed something vital.