Who would you most want to sit next to at the Champions Dinner?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
One for the website - who would you want for company as you tuck into your medium rare a week on Tuesday?
Even you’re feeling generous who would you want on the other side too?

I think I’d want Couples and Olazabal (needs to be a former Masters winner)

Last edited:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My grandad, he was always interested in my golf despite not playing and it was him who purchased my first set from a boot sale when I was about 9/10.

D

Deleted member 1147

I know those I’d like to keep away from:
Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, Phil Mickleson top of that list

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Interesting question and having just looked up a list of all the winners I find myself struggling to answer it.

If I had to pick two it would be Seve, he was charismatic, and Claude Harmon and hope that would be also.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Being in between Bubba and Schwartzel might not be the most riveting evening, Lyle and Woosie would be tremendous

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Id take Phil Mickleson to one side, because you just know the mans got so many stories to tell and just seems great.

Id also take Adam Scott, I think he'd be good company!

If you're allowed a non golfer/ champion to join you - Jimmy Bullard maybe? :ROFLMAO:

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Looked through the list, there are some legends (Jack, Arnie, Tiger etc.) but I'm not sure how much craic it would be - Jack and Arnie together might be nice (moreso for them!) but I think I'd plonk for Reed and DJ.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Looked through the list, there are some legends (Jack, Arnie, Tiger etc.) but I'm not sure how much craic it would be - Jack and Arnie together might be nice (moreso for them!) but I think I'd plonk for Reed and DJ.
With Nicklaus I wouldn't be looking for craic...just to be able to have a chat with the guy who some call the the GOAT...certainly the GOAT of my growing up. Just a pity Ben Hogan isn't still with us.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watson and Olazabal. Watson is just so chilled and tells a story at just the right pace. Olazabal comes across well, seems relaxed and doesn't seem to have an ego that would prevent him from talking to you.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Seve & Ian Woosnam.

Now if they did one for past Champion Golfers of the Year it would have to be John Daly & Darren Clarke, although I'm not sure my liver could cope