Who are the best live band you have ever seen???

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Leading off from the ipod thread, what has floated your boat, what has lit your ring and put the jam in your donut when it comes to live music?

Mine is a 3-way tie, there is just no way to seperate.

1) Faithless, The Brixton Academy. This is always a "homecoming" gig for Faithless, I have seen them a few times but Brixton twice and it is definately the place to see them. Musically they are perfect live, it is complex but so well executed, to me it is alomst like a religious experience to recieve some of their tracks live. "we come one" is just an anthem for unity between the group & the audience and literally pricked up every hair on my body. Check out the clip below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRbXqpTksFY

2)The Foo Fighters, Hyde Park, Incredible live, Dave Grohl is superhuman to still have a voice with the volume and energy with which he belts out the songs. The defining song of the night had to everlong, started it off very slowly with a mass sing-a-long and then exploded into a crescendo of guitars, drums and ear-hurting vocals. Check out the link below, I was there!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zvOrvgI_Co

3)Muse, Wembley, - If you know the music of these guys you will understand exactly why, no need to add any more, if you don't know their music check out the link below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65Gh0U0wkBs

The23rdman

Challenge Tour Pro
www.soulfulphotograpy.co.uk
Ooo, this is a tough one.

1) The Cardiacs. Insane live performance from an insane band at the venue I used to work in The Market Tarvern, Kidderminster.

2) Radiohead. Same venue just before they hit it big with Creep. I played pool with the geeeetar player :)

3) P.W.E.I. Secret gig in a weird little place with a tree growing in the middle. Forget where it was though.

4) James. Wembley arena.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Erm, don't laugh guys...it used to be U2. Seen them twice.

But it's now Take That !

Treated my girlfriend to see them in Rotterdam in November last year and they were amazing performers. Best concert I've ever seen by a mile. No wonder they get awards galore for their stage act.

OK. Sniggers over. Calm down.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Muse at Leeds '02
Prince (any time)

Absolutely head and shoulders above anything else I've ever seen.

I was due for a knee op (that eventually didn't happen grrr!) which caused me to miss Prince's 21-night set in the o2 and I am still gutted about it.

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
About 1974 one of my mates wanted to go and see an up-and-coming band called ''Queen'' in Bournemouth. I didn't go. When Dire Straits played at my college, I didn't go either.

benny

Head Pro
Visit site
Saw Babyshambles after the Libs broke up in 2005 - chucked half a packet of Wine Gums at Doherty, hit him on the arse and he said 'thanks its better than a bottle of piss'. good days, shame he's such a fat waste of talent now.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Wonderstuff fairwell gig at Walsall Stadium.

Public Image Limited and James at Alton Towers.

The whole of Live8 seen from inside the Golden Circle.

Neds Atomic Dustbin at the Cambridge Corn Exchange

Mettalica at the Brixton Academy (my first gig)

mick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
seen the babyshambles a few times decent band but always felt there was something missing,felt the same when i saw dirty pretty things.obviously it was the raport on stage between pete and carl.i dont think the songs lack anything and pete still has a good stage presence(as does carl),it's just not the same.