Which trolley to buy?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My current trolley is falling apart, so have decided to treat myself to a new one.

I'm happy with a push trolley, our place is relatively flat, so no need for an electric one.

I'm looking at the following on Affordable Golf's ebay shop. There is 20% off for today only, my shortlist is as follows

iCart Compact Evo £110 - £22 = £88
iCart One £119 - £24 = £95
PowaKaddy Twinline 4 £129 - £26 = £103
Motocaddy P1 £135 - £27 = £108
Motocaddy Cube £159 - £32 = £127

I've got a Passat estate, so space is not really an issue.

Would welcome any recommendations or tips on ones to avoid. deadline is 6pm tonight, so any info before then would be most welcome!

Cheers.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have an ICart one I'm happy with. Seems sturdy and very quick and easy to put up and down. Foot brake is much better than the cable driven ones on may trolleys.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Can't comment on the ones on your list but I've got a ClicGear three wheeler and when it eventually wears out I'm buying another. Particularly recommended if you are tall & want to put a brolly on it.

D

Deleted member 15717

I have a Big Max Blade IP - folds up ridiculously flat. Really sturdy too.

I had the Motocaddy cube, and the plastic around the brake effectively snapped away and was useless after about 6 months. Got it repaired, and then moved on and bought Bog Max. Not looked back

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have a Big Max Blade IP - folds up ridiculously flat. Really sturdy too.

I had the Motocaddy cube, and the plastic around the brake effectively snapped away and was useless after about 6 months. Got it repaired, and then moved on and bought Bog Max. Not looked back

again a bit pricey for me unfortunately. have taken the Cube off the short list.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I was in similar situation pre lockdown, felt the top price points were a bit to high and was leaning towards the cube. Was regularly seeing them for 109 if you are not tied to that shop.
Can't help further as I ended up picking up a 2nd hand leccy, which I know in the long run will cost more but initial outlay similar to the pricey push ones.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
My current trolley is falling apart, so have decided to treat myself to a new one.

I'm happy with a push trolley, our place is relatively flat, so no need for an electric one.

I'm looking at the following on Affordable Golf's ebay shop. There is 20% off for today only, my shortlist is as follows

iCart Compact Evo £110 - £22 = £88
iCart One £119 - £24 = £95
PowaKaddy Twinline 4 £129 - £26 = £103
Motocaddy P1 £135 - £27 = £108
Motocaddy Cube £159 - £32 = £127

I've got a Passat estate, so space is not really an issue.

Would welcome any recommendations or tips on ones to avoid. deadline is 6pm tonight, so any info before then would be most welcome!

Cheers.

Of the ones you have listed I have at Motorcaddy P1 which I found to be excellent, my model allows the front wheel to to swivel if required, which to be honest I never use, so my recommendation would be the P1 of the ones you have listed.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Clickgear push trolleys are for my money the best in class.

Sold thick aluminium construction. Easily sturdy enough to not blow over when it’s windy with a brolly in

I had a version 1 I think. Was a few years old when I bought it.

I had it for 4 years and my mates had it for 3 since.

Still looks and feels new.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a cube connect. Its a push trolley with the GPS on it. Paid £150 on ebay for it. Well worth the extra. Only slight moan, if yiu have a large phone, it won't fit in the compartment on top, which if you use the motocaddy GPS is a pain in the ass....

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have an ICart one I'm happy with. Seems sturdy and very quick and easy to put up and down. Foot brake is much better than the cable driven ones on may trolleys.

I went for this, £95.20 delivered. Solid enough reviews, seemed to offer the best VFM.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
After this thread I decided to buy a new trolley.
Decided on the Stewart Golf R1S.
Managed to get it from golf support for £142.50.
It is really nice quality and is made in Britain so very happy about that.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
They look great and I was very tempted to get one.
The only thing that put me off were the reoccurring reviews online about the clubheads restricting access to the drinks bottle and console in general, I didn't get chance to look at one for myself so would be interested to get a view on that at some stage.
That's a good price too ?

My parents own two Stewart push trolleys, I use one when I visit,

If you are 6'6" then it's not the trolley for you, the handle is a little lower than most trolleys, but that does not dent the ease of use, very light to push, and stable too. the clubs can snag if the handle is at such an angle but again no real issues if adjusted accordingly.

That said it would not deter me from buying one if I was on the look out for a replacement trolley.