Which Open Championship venue would you most like to play?

Which Open course would you most like to play?

• Birkdale

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Carnoustie

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Hoylake

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Lytham

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Muirfield

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Old Course

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Portrush

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Sandwich

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Troon

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Turnberry

Votes: 6 7.5%

• Total voters

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Now we're finally approaching another Open Championship which venue would you most like to play? Just for the experience of it, value for money doesn't come into it - for ease I've chose the venues that have held the Open this century

Will use the best bits for an online piece, thanks

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good thread.

I have played OC, RT, MF & Carnoustie.

Carnoustie my least favourite by a mile. A strange course with not many stand out holes apart from the last 3 that are only famous for being hard.

I love RT (6, 7 and 8 is an incredibly great run of holes) and really enjoyed MF.

But for an experience, OC is the best.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I want to play Birkdale next.

I've had the chance to play OC, Portrush and Hoylake. Without thinking about it the first two are the ones I'd have wanted to play having done none and really want to go back to the OC for another round.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Already played the Old Course, Carnoustie and Muirfield and enjoyed them all. Portrush looked so amazing on TV when last hosting the Open so it has to be next on the wish list.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've gone for Muirfield. I'm not a links fan so most of the others don't grab me. Muirfield is the one that pro's seem to rate the best though so I'd like to see why.

(I've been lucky enough to play Turnberry. It was fabulous and I'd happily play it again. It would be nice to try another top course though)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Old Course
Isn't it the one every golfer should play before they die?
Would love to play the others but the Finance Dept might have a word or two to say about that..

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Portrush was a fabulous course before The Open changes, with perhaps a relatively weak finish. Now that it has been beefed up with the new coastal holes and the great 18th, it looks fantastic. Pity about Big Nelly, though.