Where you feel club at top of the backswing

SoapbarSE

Hacker
Visit site
I have a tendency to have the clubface open at the top of my backswing and so hit out-to-it hitting weak fades/slices. I am currently working on getting into the correct position at the top so that I can go through the ball properly on an in-to-out plane.

my question is where in the hands should the club feel it's in at the top of the back swing for it to be in the correct position? I'm mainly asking about whether it's thumb or fingers of left and right hand

I believe it's suppose to be left thumb and right fingers, with the left thumb underneath the club parallel to ground pointing parallel to target - so feels like left thumb is supporting club with right fingers wrapped around

basically (because I can't see my the club and this is something I haven't paid attention to) where in my hands should I feel the club is at the top of the backswing?

Hopefully I've explained this clearly, any help would be greatly appreciated

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Simple answer would be to get to a pro and get him to have a look. Not good if you are trying to manipulate the club and so he'll get the path moving on the right plane. Alternatively put a video on here (for the thick skinned) and let the better golfers have a nosey

Stub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have no idea where my hands are, just hope they are on the club...but concentrate on the swing plane. When I do I seem to get good results.