Wheels or Doors

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Wheels or Doors

• Total voters

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Saw earlier that Lego are the biggest tyre manufacturer in the world, making 3.1 billion tyres each year. Assuming that each tyre has a wheel then that's a lot of wheels being made each year. And then there's most of the 3.1 billion from last year still knocking around, and from the year before that and so on. So I'd definitely say that it's wheels.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Saw earlier that Lego are the biggest tyre manufacturer in the world, making 3.1 billion tyres each year. Assuming that each tyre has a wheel then that's a lot of wheels being made each year. And then there's most of the 3.1 billion from last year still knocking around, and from the year before that and so on. So I'd definitely say that it's wheels.

Yes but the wheels may go on a 3 wheel car with 4 doors and think of the cars in scrap yards that have had the wheels removed:LOL:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm still sticking with wheels, but I hadn't considered all of the advent calendars that get sold each year. A hundred million or more (?) calendars each year multiplied by 24 doors on each is a lot of doors.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have gone for wheels, assuming that a very broad definition is being used, so toy cars, hamster wheels, wheels used as components in many machines and everything else is counted.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting,

my property has near on 30 doors, then we have two cars both 5 door,
3 wheelie bins, 2 cars, a bicycle, a trailer, golf trolley, then furniture on casters, (wheels) plus the hoovers, that's a lot of wheels

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I didn't give it much thought but instinct says doors. Because most things that have wheels also have doors (cars, buses, etc), but plenty of things have doors without wheels (houses, office blocks, cupboards, etc).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm still sticking with wheels, but I hadn't considered all of the advent calendars that get sold each year. A hundred million or more (?) calendars each year multiplied by 24 doors on each is a lot of doors.

I have always thought that you opened the windows on advent calendars. As they say as soon as you open one door another closes but the world turns on wheels:ROFLMAO:

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Yes but the wheels may go on a 3 wheel car with 4 doors and think of the cars in scrap yards that have had the wheels removed:LOL:
aha, the toy car argument had me changing my mind, but of course they have doors too. Most cars have 4 doors so cancelling out the wheels, so once you take in offices, factories and houses it has to be doors surely?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Who says? :LOL:

If you've got an office block that's say 30 floors, probably a good 10 doors on each floor, that's 300 doors without reply. How are wheels competing with that?
Ah hang on. I asked my mates and one of them pointed out that all of those office blocks have several chairs in with 5 wheels each. He's completely done me in with that. I think I might have to change sides.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Who says? :LOL:

If you've got an office block that's say 30 floors, probably a good 10 doors on each floor, that's 300 doors without reply. How are wheels competing with that?

How many people will be working in that office? Let’s say 300 for comparison.

That’s at least 300 chairs. Most office chairs have 5 wheels. That’s 1500 wheels. Then add the 300 mice. That’s another 300 wheels.
Many desks and drawers have wheels that could be another 4 or 8 times 300.

There will also be wheels in some of the services equipment, the lifts, the dishwasher etc.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Ah hang on. I asked my mates and one of them pointed out that all of those office blocks have several chairs in with 5 wheels each. He's completely done me in with that. I think I might have to change sides.
Beat me to it ?