Wheelchair Weekend Coming!

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Have been anticipating this weekend since April.

Itenerary - 27 at Bude tomorrow,36 at Royal North Devon on Friday,36 at Launceston Saturday,wheelchair Sunday!

Staying at Inn On The Green in Bude so good food,good company,buckets of Red and a barrel of laughs.

With the knee in its current condition actually making the whole weekend will be an achievement,best lubricate with lots of Red anasthetic!!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like someones in for a blast, beats working till next monday! Good luck, play well and hope you dont need the chair.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Nico

Have you stayed at the Inn on the Green before and played Bude. I stayed there with a stag party and after a few lunchtime sherberts we each picked a number from 3-9 with 8 being PW and 9 being a sand wedge and whatever number you got was the iron you had to use to play the par 3 4th in front of the hotel including putting out (course was very quiet) loser subjected to a a forfeit.

I got lucky and pulled 7 iron so was able to bet onto the green with ease.

That aside the hotel is top quality and the food is fantastic. The nightlife in Bude was pretty limited although there is a nightclub (of sorts) out on the hill top which is open Friday and Saturday. I quite like the Bude track but it isn't a patch on the other two courses.

Have a good one and give us a full report

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
dodgy knee ey, is that your mr woods type excuse in case you loose ;) In current circumstances you could have been more original although I accept he is a good role model :p

On a serious note sorry your knee is in that condition, I hope it doesn't spoil what sounds like a good weekend of golf- and I hope you enjoy yourself.

Homer greta idea of a fun way to play a par 3. Next time I go on a golf weekend I'll certainly suggest it.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys,been going there for 4 years now. Like Homer was for a stag (gentlemans) weekend for the first time and now is a fixture.

The Groom called it a gentlemans weekend cos we werent allowed to strip him,tie him to a lamp post and p*** on him.

Unlike the weekend he organised for a fellow pro!

Anyway,we all love going there,none of us have been able to shoot a decent score around Bude and it is a truly lovely weekend away.

We love the welcome we get at The Inn and would not consider going anywhere else.

Homer I will absolutely try to organise a par 3 comp along your lines it sounds brilliant!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Nico

One word of warning, when I went there the secretary had a telescope in his office which he used on a daily basis to view the goings on around the course. Think he must have seen us because as we were putting out the daughter of the owners of the Inn (gorgeous young thing as I recall) came out to see what we were doing. Needless to say we managed to sweet talk her into keeping quiet.