What's your worst ever golfing outfit?

JamieD3

Medal Winner
Visit site
I recently found myself flicking through an old copy of Golf Monthly and found a feature about fashion through the ages. It made me think about my greatest fashion faux pas...

When I was a teenager I had two heros Tom Watson and Nick Faldo. I used to regularly pay homage on the golf course to both men by wearing one of my Dad's flat caps with a diamond patterened bright blue Pringle jumper. I had created my own distinctive look - a bad one, that the older members at the club take great joy to remind me about.

I'm sure I'm not the only golfer to have made such a henous error...

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
I think every true golf fan has owned a garish Pringle jumper that seemed like a good idea at the time, it is the summer months that have produced my fashion nightmares- no matter how smart tailored shorts may seem on the shelf they can not make my skinny lilywhite legs look anything but terrifying. If I was on the pro tour I would be quite pleased that there is a rule which stipulates no shorts!

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Shorts and Plus-4s are a no-go!

Have got some very tasty polo shirts that i wouldn't be seen dead in anywhere other than the course but somehow i seem to think they look quite gd when heading off for a round...think others disagree - a bright orange one being particularly bad!

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It seems to me that the first people to dive for their shorts at the first sign of spring sun, are those men with the worst possible legs, usually accompanied by a considerable beer belly. They usually wear them with their normal socks, sometimes with a clock up the side. I hate to see them on the golf course, and if I had my way, I would make it a rule that men in shorts of any kind should be banned. Ladies in shorts are OK.