What's the quickest you've played 9 holes?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1418
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1418

Met a mate after work yesterday evening for 9 holes round my track and we tee'd off right on the stroke of 6. Started at the 10th which is a par 3, and there was a two-ball in front of us who were putting out as we were walking onto the tee. Therefore thought we'd be finishing just before 8, so couldn't believe it when we were back in the clubhouse ordering a beer at 7.20! Quickest 9 holes I've ever played - didn't get held up once, didn't rush any of our shots, and had a good old chat going round. We ended up having a cracking game, with both of us posting decent scores (me +1 and him +5). Enjoyed it so much that we've arranged two games after work next week as well!

D

Deleted member 1418

I love evening golf when the course is quiet. You can rattle round. Under an hour is easily possible for a two ball.
Would've been quicker had I not had three 'Westwood' moments on the greens - missed three birdie putts under 10 feet!!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
did the back nine of donnington grove in 1 hour a few weeks back, which was nice considering the front 9 took us almost 3 hours!! (society in front that had tee'd off from 10)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
At my place depends on which 9 you choose. Up the hill probably 1hr 20min. Out by the road, 1 hr and out to the village under 1hr.
Ironically the longest of the 3 is the quickest as it's the most compactly laid out (i.e. shorter distances between tees).

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
not very quickly. my course is long enough. plenty of big hills and a few places where there a small dander from one green to the next tee box.

S

Snelly

Under an hour.

Played 18 in under two hours quite a few times. Late evening in summer with no-one in front. Perfect golfing conditions for me.

EZprophet

Head Pro
Visit site
Did 9 holes in 45 minutes once with my dad in a buggy in Florida when I was younger. Course was deserted obviously. Had played 18 in the morning already but my mum and sister were still out shopping or whatever so took the opportunity to sqeeze another 9 in before they got back!