Whats the earliest you've left the house for a teetime ??

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
My pal has just phoned and we talked each other into leaving the house at 5 am to play the 36 hole comp on Sunday at Belton Park :-( 7.23am tee. luckily it's foursomes start and better ball afternoon

So whats the earlist you got up and drove to golf? not the local course and good drive of 1hr 30mins

Share your madness

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
3.45am from a hotel 10 miles from St.Andrews to drive to the Old Course. Got to the first tee at 4.15am - was 4th in the queue.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Worked all night then left Preston at 4am to travel to Slaley for an 8am tee time. Came off the course and went straight to the bar. Left the bar at 2am then was up at 7am for a 9am tee time. Finished the round, had dinner then went back to work in Preston.

I didn't win. Quelle surprise Rodney.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
4:30am.
Had to get to Rufford Park to do the MacMillan 4 rounds challenge a few years ago. I can't remember when first light was but the first group tee'd off just before dawn. We finished about 9:45pm, absolutely knackered!

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
As others around 4:30, Our old pro did a 8 rounds in a day challenge over 4 separate courses, I ball spotted the first two rounds for him at Harpenden and made an 08:30 meeting in Harrow.

D

Deleted member 17920

Left home at 3.00am for a 12.30 tee time at Trump Aberdeen. Made it with an hour to spare.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
3AM a couple of times when playing Muirfield... to beat the Edinburgh ring road traffic

also left around the same time to get to Macrihanish for one of the Craws meets some years ago.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Teed off at 6.40 last week at rossapenna for the scratch cup. First out. Left the house at 4.55

Strangely wasn't tired playing but after 36 holes my eyes were going together watching match of the day. Playing partner told me he had done 33,000 steps on his fitbit.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
5am is a lie in 😜

04.30 to get to Silloth in good time for breakfast and a morning tee time.

04.30 to Cooden Beach, but now I make it a 3-day event 🍺🏌️

05.00 to RCP, but now I do the extra Sunday round which tees off later so don’t need to start until 6am 😜

In the week I have to start off much earlier than is needed and probably get to clubs a good hour or more early just to get through traffic hotspots, if I didn’t, and started off later I’d never make it, especially to the south coast via M25 or north of Manchester (M6).

For anything 3hrs or more or when playing a decent course I want to enjoy and not feel knackered ruining the experience, I stay the night before and have a quiet drink locally 🍺🍺😜🏌️

D

Deleted member 21258

Not quite sure on timings but leaving home at 3-4am isn't unusual, getting a bit old for early rises and 36 holes and drive back tbh.

Done quite a number of golf days in Essex, wentworth, cooden which were the early rises and also late in getting back.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
On Club Championship weekend last year I did so poorly the first day that I was in the second group on Sunday. Had to tee off just after 9am! Up and out at 8. It was horrible.