Whats best, garmin s3 or golf buddy wtx

L33hawk

Visit site
Hi
I have the chance to buy a golf gps watch i have 2 to pick from the Garmin approach s3 or the golf buddy wtx, has anyone any reference or any info i should know, basically what watch is the best? Thanks for any info

Last edited:

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I have just sold my GB WTX and have owned Garmin before. A couple of things.

The Golf Buddy took forever to find and lock on to satalites and then select the course, this was relative to almost any other GPS I ever owned, including the Garmin which will be faster. I used to start the process before I reached the club in order to be sure that I had a signal and the "Go to the First Tee" message in time to start my round.
My freind who also has the WTX is not as forward thinking as myself and is often to be found wandering down the second hole cursing his device.

The mapping isn't as complete with Golf Buddy as with Garmin. We have two extra holes and a further two extra greens. In the winter when our lowest lying holes are under water these are use to form our winter course which is fully measures and available for qualifying comps. Golf Buddy don't have this course where as Garmin do.

Despite this the WTX is a nice watch, if a bit chunky. The touch screen is good, certainly quicker than using buttons to go through the menu, and it is fairly accurate from 150 but a little less so from further out. However I doubt it is any less accurate than any other GPS.

L33hawk

Visit site
I have just sold my GB WTX and have owned Garmin before. A couple of things.

The Golf Buddy took forever to find and lock on to satalites and then select the course, this was relative to almost any other GPS I ever owned, including the Garmin which will be faster. I used to start the process before I reached the club in order to be sure that I had a signal and the "Go to the First Tee" message in time to start my round.
My freind who also has the WTX is not as forward thinking as myself and is often to be found wandering down the second hole cursing his device.

The mapping isn't as complete with Golf Buddy as with Garmin. We have two extra holes and a further two extra greens. In the winter when our lowest lying holes are under water these are use to form our winter course which is fully measures and available for qualifying comps. Golf Buddy don't have this course where as Garmin do.

Despite this the WTX is a nice watch, if a bit chunky. The touch screen is good, certainly quicker than using buttons to go through the menu, and it is fairly accurate from 150 but a little less so from further out. However I doubt it is any less accurate than any other GPS.

Thanks this was helpful ??????