What Utility/rescue Clubs do you use?

damslice

Hacker
Visit site
Hi all

im looking to buy a couple rescue/utility clubs. what clubs do you use and how do you rate them.

im considering a cleveland halo or a taylormade rescue dual, cobra baffler. Do you use these, or are there better ones.
thanks

B

birdieman

I use a Cobra Baffler 18 deg 2r, can't fault it, have played quite a few hybrids and they are similar, didn't like the Mizuno hi-fli though. I dont carry a 3 iron now, the 2r baffler is great for long par threes -can drop it from high and it stops. Only downside is you cant play themfrom deep rough as they are light.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wilson Staff Dh6, 22 deg. Its a really solid club. It was close between this and a TM rescue dual.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have the 2i Cleveland Halo and am very happy with it. I am a high handicapper but still seem to be able to hit it out of most lies.

Anyone know if the new Hi-Bore is any improvement on the Halo as I am looking for a 3i equivilant and want to know if they are worth the extra £20-£30.

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
I have a hi-bore 4-wood and 3i utility- cant compare them to the Halo's as I haven't tried them but they are both great clubs which I feel confident with from all sorts of lies- best utility I’ve ever tried.

damslice

Hacker
Visit site
I see the old Taylormade Rescue Mid utility clubs are selling cheap now, only £44.99 they got 5 star rating back in 2003, anyone still using one, seems like a bargain to me.

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
I've got a 20 degree Mizuno Fli-Hi CLK in my bag and without doubt it is my most consistent club.

Tried a Taylor Made before the Mizuno but didnt like it at all and was nowhere near as accurate with it.

mgolf

Visit site
I have a Ben Sayers M8 26 degree hybrid club. It has a draw bias and is the best thing I have ever bought. I usually hit around 200 yards straight every shot. It makes a nice sharp sound and plays well off of the ground and the tee. I think there is a tour version at around £59.99 with movable weights but the normal version is £35.00 off of onlinegolf.co.uk and it comes in 17, 21,24,26 degree versions (i think they are the correct degrees but you will need to check).