What is a Mid-Handicap?

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have recently became infatuated with Muzino irons and am convinced my poor resistance to impulse buying will lead to me accidently going and getting fitted for a whole set.

As I have started to improve I decided my next set of clubs will be whatever works best and I will have no other preconcieved ideas... I brought my current set after seeing them... wanting them... Trying loads of others with slightly better results (not much with my inconsistent contact at the time) and still ordering the ones I wanted just by looking at them.

I decided my next purchase will consist of a "proper" custom fit session trying lots of different options... Now however I would love to own a set of Muzino clubs they just look amazing and I want to own a set.

Saying this I still want to make sure I choose well and have looked at the different clubs they have on offer... Looking on various sights it said certain clubs MP-54 MP-59 etc are for Mid Handicappers and upwards. It made me think what would you class as a mid handicapper? I've had back to back cuts and think I am going to come down even lower over the next couple of months... Im currently playig to about 16 or 17 over but feel by the end of next year I want to be down to 13-14 with alot of work on my shortgame (definite weakness)

When would you say you are a mid handicapper is is simply middle of the handicap system 14 and a shot ot so eithrt side?

Also any recommendation of Muzino irons for a mid handicapper (I think?) then that would be great too.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
8-13 IMO.

What's a muzino? ;)

You'll be fine with mp54s. I got mp53 when off 17 and they were fine.

Buy clubs you like, you'll be happier. If you really want set a but talk yourself into set b because it's supposedly right for you, you will eventually sell set b at a massive loss and buy set a anyway. In my experience.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Mid HC for example in Beds we have a mid HC team and it's for HC from 6-16

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't worry about the "classing" of the irons, give them all a bash and see what works best.
Mizuno make a range of quality irons (no bias here). If I was to recommend sets to try then to get best of both worlds, forged and forgiving, then I would be looking at JPX850 Pro or the MP-H irons.
But you never know you might end up killing the MP4 or the lovely MP-15s.
Go forth and see what feels and goes best.

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
Handicaps are, as you undoubtedly know, are split into 4 categories. If you want "mid handicap" surely halfway between cat 2 and cat 3 gives you the "mid" range?

UP1

Scrindle

Head Pro
Visit site
I play MP-54s and a lot of people would consider me a high handicapper (18/19). I don't have any trouble hitting MP-54s. They are very nice clubs and are so nice to look at behind the ball.

D

Deleted member 15344

Don't worry about the "classing" of the irons, give them all a bash and see what works best.
Mizuno make a range of quality irons (no bias here). If I was to recommend sets to try then to get best of both worlds, forged and forgiving, then I would be looking at JPX850 Pro or the MP-H irons.
But you never know you might end up killing the MP4 or the lovely MP-15s.
Go forth and see what feels and goes best.

Perfect advice :thup:

D

Deleted member 15344

:rofl:

He aint biting I see................again.

Im not sure if the obsession with my HC from some people is -

A - sad
B - depressing
C - scary
D - childish
E - pathetic

Which word would you use ?

Despo Dan

Hacker
Visit site
5-9 is a mid handicap but like the guy said try out clubs before you buy and don't worry about the handicap rating get what works best for you.

G

guest100718

Im not sure if the obsession with my HC from some people is -

A - sad
B - depressing
C - scary
D - childish
E - pathetic

Which word would you use ?

A - sad
B - depressing
C - scary
D - childish
E - pathetic
F - Lying about playing off - 5.0 - Cat 1 !!

Hmmm I'd go for F