What is a good enough range finder

Harley-D

Visit site
I have heard that bushnell are the best but I am on a budget (small), perhaps an early model version of bushnell.? I never go for bells and whistles!

D

Deleted member 23270

I bought a cheap Ben Sayers one for my holiday bag, absolutely useless it doesn't pick up on the flag at all so avoid that make.

Edit saw Ori's post I got the brand wrong, ignore previous comment about Benross.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't go for a Ben Sayers one if I was you. I had one of theirs once, it worked for 10 months and then gave up the ghost. I sent it back, got a replacement sent out, and that one didn't work at all either. I got the impression they weren't exactly top notch gear so I spent the store credit on something else instead.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have heard that bushnell are the best but I am on a budget (small), perhaps an early model version of bushnell.? I never go for bells and whistles!
I bought an older Bushnell many years ago (about 7 iirc) from someone who was upgrading. It replaced a cheapo model that died after 18 months. It has worked faultlessly ever since. So if you can get one from a reliable source, this could work.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I had a boblov one that did the job but gave it to a friend as shaking like a pooping dog meant I picked up about 30 targets before the in

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Having watched a load of online reviews etc I brought one called the Zoom Focus X. Picked it up from Amazon and has done a great job - Just as good as the leading brands - it maybe looks a tad cheaper in the hand but its been reliable - Think i've charged it once in Two years so can vouch for its staying power

Tinkerman

Visit site
I have an old Bushnell Medallist I bought more than 10 years ago but I recently thought I'd lost it so started doing some research.
I was out off the Decathlon one by some poor reviews - looks like quality is not consistent.
Ended up about to purchase this but then I found my Bushnell in my travel bag! BOZILY Golf Rangefinder, Laser range finder, 6X Rechargeable Hunting Range Finder 1200 Yards with Slope Adjustment, Flag-Lock, Continuous Scan, Accurate Reading- Tournament Legal Golf distance finder https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08R1B3...t_i_V6VD7FD1Y8T7M5G8PJ5Z?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1