What do you take off the tee here

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Is it OOB to the right or is there a nice shiny fairway?

Very few holes on any course here that are adjacent to other fairways for a left/right miss, there's one on Le Paradis GC that has a longish carry that I use the fairway of the hole I've just played and that works quite well

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds about right, I'm 190ish for a really good shot

In that case then I would suggest that the margin for not hitting a really good shot is too tight and you need your plan 'B' as the likelihood is its going to get wet!

Personally the way I am hitting driver at the moment I would hit hybrid off the tee, which would comfortably make the carry.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Don't have the distance to hand but for the thread it doesn't matter the tee box or distance in yards ;) your average drive with the big club is wet, only nailing it will get you over

I'm playing this again on Sunday and have used both lay-up option and going for it option with mixed results for both. I just wanted to sanity check if I'm missing something

What is the point of this thread? If you can't make the carry, play off a more forward tee!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Knew there was a reason i didn't put distances on this thread :D

I made it across last time by about 8 yards so its doable for me but there's a few times I've needed to drop too

D

Deleted Member 1156

Ah is that how you get a low handicap, just pick and choose the tee box your group fancies :D

It might be a society comp but its still a comp

Then I would be having a word with the society organiser. Absolutely pointless playing off tees where people can't make the carry and have no bail out option.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Then I would be having a word with the society organiser. Absolutely pointless playing off tees where people can't make the carry and have no bail out option.

I'll do that but the bigger hitters are in the majority so have a louder voice than me (as the majority should) as I said earlier I just wanted to make sure I make the best of the hole for me

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
I really don't like holes like this. Just forces you into a shot that strategically you wouldn't normally take on. Reward is only for the big hitters with no real alternative for the shorter hitters. No bail out is just very poor design to me. Have they a contract with lakeballs.com btw?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I really don't like holes like this. Just forces you into a shot that strategically you wouldn't normally take on. Reward is only for the big hitters with no real alternative for the shorter hitters. No bail out is just very poor design to me. Have they a contract with lakeballs.com btw?

Tbf if a group are deciding to play off the back tees I don't think the designers are at fault for having a 190 carry.

If there were no shorter tees fair enough. But 190 isn't mahoosive when playing a course at full length.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Is it ok to dislike you , purely on the grounds of the course you gona play :angry::angry:

+ 1 to the jealous brigade

I'm sure I'm disliked by some folk for less than that :D

Is it weird that from time to time I still hanker after a game back on the munis I played in Cowdenbeath/Kirkcaldy