What do you take off the tee here

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Driver and go for it, if it gets wet so be it, take the drop to clear the water, that could be a better position and lie than if you try to land on anther tee box and don't leaving you a horrible downward lie or worse and still be no better off!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Driver and go for it, if it gets wet so be it, take the drop to clear the water, that could be a better position and lie than if you try to land on anther tee box and don't leaving you a horrible downward lie or worse and still be no better off!

Yeah I guess lying three towards the far end of the dogleg isn't too bad, maybe I should spend 1/2 an hour practicing my penalty drops before I play ;)

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't have the distance to hand but for the thread it doesn't matter the tee box or distance in yards ;) your average drive with the big club is wet, only nailing it will get you over

I'm playing this again on Sunday and have used both lay-up option and going for it option with mixed results for both. I just wanted to sanity check if I'm missing something

Do think your missing anything reckon you've got to go with nailing the driver over the aqua, if it doesn't come off drop on the red tee box least it will be short grass.

oops should of read the full thread ... Fish :thup:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm guessing you'll get a shot? - so I'd play it with a 6 as your objective. This means you can go for it off the tee. In the water? Drop and play up with your 3rd and on with your 4th. One putt for a 5 - two for 6 - so objective achieved by delivering to your plan for the hole. And playing to my plan for a hole usually satisfies me.

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
Try and get it out of the screws and find any dry area over the water off the tee... if I'm stroking anway, I'm not really losing out by taking the water on and still have a chance at par even if I find the drink.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
What course is this from?

in this situation the only thing I would take from the tee is a bulldozer and redesign the hole.....

Lol, its called Legends although they're not likely to redesign the hole just to accommodate a short hitter like me, I don't doubt that when the Euro Seniors Tour visited they all managed to carry it from the back tees no problem

el marko

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm guessing you'll get a shot? - so I'd play it with a 6 as your objective. This means you can go for it off the tee. In the water? Drop and play up with your 3rd and on with your 4th. One putt for a 5 - two for 6 - so objective achieved by delivering to your plan for the hole. And playing to my plan for a hole usually satisfies me.

Behave, the only reason you'd hit into the water is so you can fish out 10 others whilst you're there!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Find out what the carry is off the backs out of interest.

I'll keep a scorecard and update on Monday

Plenty of my mates make it ok (plenty in the water too) & I'm pretty sure it wouldn't worry any forum hitters but it gives me the heebie jeebies so wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an option

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
If it's the first hole, I'd make sure I went to the range first to assess if my driver is working or not! I'd only have a go if I'd driven well earlier on, no shame in laying up and playing the percentages.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I made the mistake of looking up the course on the web....

Jealous!

:cheers:

Its alright I s'pose ;)

I only get to play it about twice a year so not a course I can learn quickly and I lost 8 balls last time as 17 holes have water hazards and the one that doesn't has a tee shot down a hallway!