Wilson fybrid 3 wood 15
°
Wilson fybrid 19.5
°
Wilson di7 4 - sw inc gap wedge
Odyssey Putter
and against all advice on here: 60
° lob wedge.

I'm looking as taking the lob wedge out of my bag because 1. Distance is more likely to help me score lower and 2. Once the effect of a new shiny died down I realised the LW is only useful for bunkers and that once a round hero chip attempt (that never works). So now that I've admitted that everyone on here that told me a LW was a waste of a space in the bag was right and I was wrong;

What would you all advise for me to replace the LW with? I was thinking of getting a 21
° hybrid but think it may be too close to the 19.5° to be worth while. My other thought was to punt the 19.5° from the bag with the LW and replace them with a 5 wood and a 21° hybrid. I'd rather only replace one club due to the cost but what does everybody think would be best. All suggestions welcome.

TPO77

Club Champion
Visit site
Another question if you don't mind Bob, would there be much difference between me getting an 18° 5 wood or getting an 18° hybrid?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd expect to see the 5 wood go further as it has a longer shaft, IF you hit them both well.
The best way to tell which is best for you is to try them out on the course

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
OR...

Learn to strike your LW well. Not something that is easy, but could well improve your ball striking in general. You may have been thinking negatively about it after the comments from here.

I certainly ditch the LW in late Autumn until mid-late Spring as ground conditions mean there are more dodgy impacts than good ones. And it really only means that the bag is lighter - as I'm happy with the rest of the set-up

Also found low loft hybrids slightly easier to use and more useful than 5-wood. Probably all in the head though (links background, so lower flight seems better).