What a muppet (I am)

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was out and about today.. perfect day... Got to the car park, had to take the waterproofs off, and uncharacteristically so put the phone on the roof.. As you would expect, drove off without taking the phone. About a mile away, heard a thud.. thought it was a branch hitting the the rear of the car. Got home and realised the missing phone. Find my phone shows it is lying on the road (about where i heard that sound). Went over and walked around a fairly busy roa... nada.. it still shows it is there, but invisible to my senior eyes.. As it is not a residential area, i dont think anyone will stop and notice it. Saw plenty of beer bottles/cans in the verges (assume people chuck them out of their cars). Plenty of rain forecast for the next 2 days, so that will mix well with the phone .

So have finally lost a phone in over 20 years of having one.. Will have to erase it.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Beats the handbag on roof gig.?

If that's the Android find phone, you can also force the phone to ring (even if on silent), in case it's worth another look.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Beats the handbag on roof gig.?

If that's the Android find phone, you can also force the phone to ring (even if on silent), in case it's worth another look.

Same with the iPhone, so I would definitely go back and have another look. Maybe later when the traffic is less and you can hear the ringing.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
... i deserve all the kicking...

..its an iphone.. i will do another sweep tomorrow.. but i dont have any hope. its battery wont last the night. The office has already wiped the office data on it.

Maybe i should tell the Star that it has another MP or warship video on it or.. it will send an army out there and find in 10 mins.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not quite the same but still top muppetry from me two weeks ago. Halfway to Cornwall from Weymouth for a golf weekend and the wife phones to say that I have left my bag of clothes and toilet gear in the porch. Had to buy all new stuff for the weekend. At least i didn't forget my golf clubs, golf shoes or the beer

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Several years ago I had to take Mrs Colch to the doctors for an appointment with younger Colch Jnr. We left the house and drove to the surgery. I dropped them off and then as I reversed out of the parking space I hit a fence, completely wrecking the back end of the car. Turned out that Mrs Colch had left her glasses on the roof of the car as we left the house, they fell in the road and got run over. Not only did I have the cost of new glasses for her but the car was also a write off from hitting the fence. An expensive day.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
... i deserve all the kicking...

..its an iphone.. i will do another sweep tomorrow.. but i dont have any hope. its battery wont last the night. The office has already wiped the office data on it.

Maybe i should tell the Star that it has another MP or warship video on it or.. it will send an army out there and find in 10 mins.

Go there with another ios device, assuming it has battery left, go to find my iPhone app, sign as your lost phone, then click play sound. if its there, you will hear it. (its a good feature, our whole family are in a group,so I can track everyone's phone, make them play a lost sound etc)

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Go there with another ios device, assuming it has battery left, go to find my iPhone app, sign as your lost phone, then click play sound. if its there, you will hear it. (its a good feature, our whole family are in a group,so I can track everyone's phone, make them play a lost sound etc)

yup. tnd.. did that last night.. walking on the road with the other phone.. looked like i was a water diviner. My theory is that because it was on a non-residential main road, it is only triangulating via a phone mast. So wont be very accurate.. but who knows..

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Since every story should have an happy ending.. Went back for a final sweep. Had spent last evening looking at satellite images and figuring where to park etc. Planned it all this morning. Drove up and parked at a farm access gate. Stepped out of the car in my hi-vis, crossed the road and it was lying on the grass verge. What are the chances of that happening. The screen has been damaged but otherwise undamaged. Also survived the rain last night. The review rating for 'Tough armour iphone case' has gone to 5 stars. Now backing it up + rice bag. Thanks for all the kicking yesterday (well deserved).