Wells Fargo tournament and WD's

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
So a list of big names (Tiger/Poulter/Dustin) have been dropping themselves from Wells Fargo this week. Many citing reasons like 'sore wrist' and 'personal reasons' but its believed that its mainly down some ropey greens.

It's been rumoured for weeks that they have been struggling with the greens and certainly some reports are coming through (not mainstream reporters though as they probably value their pga press cards too much).

I guess we will see how bad they might be tonight, but its a common thing even down to our own clubs. I know of a few guys that won't play in qualifiers over the winter period as they don't like the greens until they become slicker.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tiger was never in the field for this one and hasn't played it for sometime so they were saying on the golf channel so he was never a WD. Though Poulter and Dustin they feel the reasons are dubious and only came to light as a result of the awful greens.

Would hope they learn from this because isn't Qual Hollow due to host the PGA in a couple of years

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tiger was never in the field for this one and hasn't played it for sometime so they were saying on the golf channel so he was never a WD.
really, seems to have played in consistently for a few years (missed 2011 due to injury).

Anyway appears the change to slightly earlier seems to be one of the excuses, but many people rumoured that the greens were another factor.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
really, seems to have played in consistently for a few years (missed 2011 due to injury).

Anyway appears the change to slightly earlier seems to be one of the excuses, but many people rumoured that the greens were another factor.

As I say only what I heard on the golf channel!.. But it was publicised he wasn't playing in it a couple weeks back so definitely not a WD this time.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't wait to see the diplomatic interviews after the round.

We have to play on hollow tined greens, they should suffer on occasion too :)

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't wait to see the diplomatic interviews after the round.

We have to play on hollow tined greens, they should suffer on occasion too :)

Have to say I agree with you, it would be and will be with those still left in this to see how they cope with a less than perfect course.

No doubt some form of minor man flu or injury will be quoted

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have wondered if the TV crews will be told to limit the time on screen for those bad greens. Wouldn't surprise me if they could miss out most of those holes.