Well Done Big Phil

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would loved to have seen a British winner, but cannot think of a more worthy oversea's winner than big Phil.
He never stopped trying and reaped his reward after the leaders crumbled around him.
Absolute gent, my best wishe's to him and his family.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I never used to like Phil - too "American" if you know what I mean

But in the last 2-3 years I've become a big fan.

If he fails to win the US Open it would be a shame - finishing 2nd 6 times in the event missing from the Slam....

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
OMG the bottleless barsteward loses another Major. I have said on here for years If Westwood wins a major I'll show my backside in Woolies window. Well done Leftie You are without doubt the nicest and most charismatic golfer of a generation.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
OMG the bottleless barsteward loses another Major. I have said on here for years If Westwood wins a major I'll show my backside in Woolies window. Well done Leftie You are without doubt the nicest and most charismatic golfer of a generation.

That may prove difficult, for two reasons :)

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Phil was the only person under par, a very worthy and true champion, a credit to the game of golf:thup:

tyke

Head Pro
Visit site
Excellent play by big Phil a worthy winner.
It seemed to me that the only 2 players in the field that really wanted it and went for it were Big Phil and Poulter and this showed by the 2 of them carding the 2 lowest final rounds.

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Excellent play by big Phil a worthy winner.
It seemed to me that the only 2 players in the field that really wanted it and went for it were Big Phil and Poulter and this showed by the 2 of them carding the 2 lowest final rounds.
Thats exactly how i seen it.
Westy,Woods etc were trying to protect there cards, Poults and Phil looked like they were trying to win it.