Weekly Society Golf

cah1234

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi All,

Is anyone aware of a society that plays on a Saturday on a weekly basis?

I’m located near Reading so in or around those areas would be great.

Thanks

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I can't see there being too many as Saturdays tend to be club comp days, at least til early afternoon. Certainly most round here are anyway (Fylde coast).

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes agree you will be hard pushed to find a society that has a weekly meet on a Saturday most are monthly and weekdays only.

D

Deleted member 21258

Never come across a weekly setup, only as other say monthly and normally mid week based(from pubs, sports clubs etc)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I am thinking that only chance is finding a society that has a very close affiliation with a club. When working for BAe long time past the BAe-RollsRoyce Bristol Golf Society had a very close and historical affiliation with Filton Golf Club, work and club being adjacent and many society members being club members also. The society was able to play its matches against other golf clubs, its singles and 4BBB K/O comps midweek, but was provided with a weekend dates for its Championship and finals of the KOs. I’m guessing that was rare and will today be rare as hens teeth.

As it happens my club still has an Artisans Club/Section that has a few tee times every summer weekend morning crack of dawn, the members of the Artisans section have full use of all Club facilities but dont play in club comps - it has its own comps. But I think we are letting the section wither on the vine as we don’t admit new Members to it, as folk leave they are not replaced.

Last edited: