Wedge set up

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I feel that I'm missing something from my wedge set up. I currently have TM Burner 2.0 PW 45 deg. Mizuno MR-12 Wedge 52 deg 7 bounce (which is a AW) Mizuno MR-12 Wedge 58 deg 13 bounce (which is a LW).

I feel I should of bought three wedge when i got the mizunos. I now don't have a SW do I? Is the gap between PW and AW to much, then again the gap from AW to LW need filling?

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Harding gaps, I have no idea as you don't mention how far you hit the clubs, and whether you play shots in between full shots to reduce distances.

Rearing you "lack" of a SW, well the 13 degre bounce on your 58 to me indicates a SW.

From what I see, the need to have mother wedge is not warranted, if your gaps are consistent and you can play shots to take something off the clubs.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Personally would swap the 52 for a 50 (low bounce) and a 54 (mid-high bounce) as I like more options at that end of the bag, someone like Bob will soon be a long to tell you that what you have is fine. I also prefer my 58 to be low bounce

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Wedges are as personal as a putter IMO.

I have a 3 wedge set up 46,52,58.

I have no issue playing half and 3/4 shots with these. I also don't mind opening the face, moving the ball forward and back in my stance or de-lofting the face, so I feel I have no need for any more.

It really is a case of each to their own.

A

Alex1975

I like to hit full(ish) shots with my 50* and 54* and I like my 58* for over and in obstacles. My opinion is that the more the manufactures jack lofts the more wedges we will end up with.

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It really is a case of each to their own.

This is sooooooo true! Unless you know your distances it can be hard to advise on this issue mate. Gaps don't always have to be perfect, it depends on so many factors. Try before you buy if you can, and go with what feels right. I have shuffled my wedges around more than any other type of club, good luck! :D