Ways of listening to music on the course

swanny32

Journeyman Pro
Tiptree, Essex - Where they make the Jam!
www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk
Last week there was a thread about what you listen to when having a hack..my question is how do you listen to music around the course?

Earphones would surely fall out during your swing and would get annoying taking them in and out or having them hang around your neck and Id worry that speakers would upset other people on the course. What do you do?

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used to out my generic iDevice in my back pocket on shuffle and run the ear phones up my back and hook them in from behind, was fine with my swing and thats how I do it down the range.

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
How do you hear someone shout FORE if you have music blaring in your ears?
I like listening to the birds tweeting ;)

swanny32

Journeyman Pro
Tiptree, Essex - Where they make the Jam!
www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk
I have never seen the need to listen to music on the course, I am like a few who have posted and enjoy the quietness when out on the course, but since I read the thread last week I was just wondering how people who do listen to music actually achieve it without annoying themselves with cables and earphones falling out or annoying other players on the course.

papyt

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
i use the old ishuffle and a set of ear candy ear pieces when i practice,never had a problem if i run lead down my shirt,great if your at the range because you don't have to listen to the high h/cap know it all hacker trying to teach everybody in earshot how to hit the ball.by the way tend to listen to music with an easy tempo or have some classical on there as well

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I practice with my earphones in. Nice song with good tempo. Always keeps me positive. Wouldn't play while listening to music (except the songs I sing in my head)

ash01

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I regularly practice on a saturday afternoon with my headphones in (small style ones not my beats by dre headphones!) and listen to the mighty bluebirds on bbc radio wales!

Its relaxing and I enjoy it.

Ash!!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I regularly practice on a saturday afternoon with my headphones in (small style ones not my beats by dre headphones!) and listen to the mighty bluebirds on bbc radio wales!

Its relaxing and I enjoy it.

Ash!!

Practice alone or on the range, its not for me but I can understand it, but, if you came out with me and was listening to music you wouldn't get past the red tees!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
whatever works for you. i wouldnt dream of listening to music on the course. it would put me off. i have seen a young fella at my course dander round with earphones in. thought it was quite strange.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If I'm playing a round, even a solo one I want to enjoy the surroundings or why bother being there at all. If I'm practising I've got the tour tempo tracks on my IPod which I'll us with the headphones that came with them. Stick the unit in my back pocket and I don't have a problem with the wire. Great for making a nice rhythmical swing back and down. Unlike anything I then take to the course