Waterproofs - advice needed

Baldyeagle

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Apologies if this has been covered in 'Equipment' but search provided no answers.

I need to replace old, cheap waterproofs & I'm not in the Galvin Green league (don't fancy spending as much on suit as irons).Currently looking at an attractive deal on Proquip Tourflex - Jacket & Trousers for just over £100.

Anyone wear/worn Proquip stuff - what do you think of them?

T

thecraw

I have the new Tourflex suit and its the best I've worn since my Sunice Gore-tex suit. GG is over rated and over priced and had two jackets replaced before demanding a refund.

You won't go wrong with the PQ Tourflex.

Baldyeagle

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys - how do they fit? Seller says jackets fit large so recommends a Medium for 42" chest (whereas Proquip state 42"-44" = Large)

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys - how do they fit? Seller says jackets fit large so recommends a Medium for 42" chest (whereas Proquip state 42"-44" = Large)

Hi Eagle, I bought a small proquip jacket once and it was swimming on me. Like I was wearing my dads jacket. The small Mizuno jacket and trousers set are perfect, so I'd agree they fit big.

MattyV

Hacker
Visit site
I got a Ping waterproof suit two years ago and haven't looked back. They do come out quite large, so make sure you feel comfortable swinging in it... I hear proquip is pretty good as well!

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
You'll be happy with tourflex. I recently got a jacket and love it. Fits well feels good and keeps me dry couldn't ask for more. I also have a pq lite suit and it is also very good but not as breathable. Recently reproofed it with wash in nikwak after hid washed it as normal clothing. Water beads up like it did when me and runs off.

Alan

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Look out for Sunderland too I've got a suit and its amazing. Keeps me bone dry. Some good deals on EBay.

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pro Quip are a highly recommended brand, but I'd also highly recommend my Ping Waterproofs. They're excellent

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have Proquip trousers and they are excellent, also a 1/4 zip water resistant lined top as well very nice

Tempted to get the jacket myself later perhaps but spent too much this month on the Garmin S3 !

Sizes seem normal to me, so XL in normal jacket = XL in Proquip and i am 46" chest with long arms

bayjon14

Assistant Pro
www.seapointgolflinks.ie
footjoy tour and mizuno impermalite. I recommend 2 tops in your bag, you cant beat taking off a heavy wet jacket and putting on a fresh one,especially in match play. it is worth a hole if not 2.