Warped thinking or some logic

The Gentleman

Medal Winner
Visit site
I am a high handicap golfer who recently took up the game at 39. I feel my game is going in the right direction and think the fact that I am hitting into more bunkers (on my approach shot) is actually a sign that I am improving. At the very beginning i was not hitting anywhere near the green side bunkers. Is this just warped thinking or could there be something in this.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Yes its all good, the next step will be hitting it over the bunkers, or having the control to lay up before the bunkers and to leave you with a wedge or short iron to the green.

Suggest you invest in a GPS device or use a phone app and start to measure your shots, so you get a decent idea of how far you are hitting each club on average. so you can see your improvement over time

Enjoy and welcome to the Forum

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I am a high handicap golfer who recently took up the game at 39. I feel my game is going in the right direction and think the fact that I am hitting into more bunkers (on my approach shot) is actually a sign that I am improving. At the very beginning i was not hitting anywhere near the green side bunkers. Is this just warped thinking or could there be something in this.

And you might consider applying the old adage....take an extra club and hit to the back of the green (when all the danger is in front!).

Welcome aboard btw.