Wanted - Junior (toddler) club(s)

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As above - I'm looking for one club (putter) and perhaps a second club (wedge) for my soon-to-be 3yo, a taller 3yo at that.

He has the plastic stuff but want to take him out onto our praccy area when I'm on daddy day care duties. HiD told me when I got home that he'd been practising his putting today!!

Ive had a look on eBay and there's not much really, can buy a set of 3 for £25 plus postage but being frank, don't want to spend that on something that could simply be a "daddy does it" fad.

Anybody got any tiny clubs hanging around whereby a charitable donation could sway you to let go? Of course I'll cover postage.

Thanks all.

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
:D

As much as I laughed my nads off at this, I am hopeful of some serious help!!

(quality!)

I've got an old kid's wedge that I had reduced in size slightly for my lad when he was about 2.5 / 3. It was at the grandparents. Will ask the grandparents for it. You can have it for postage cost if you want it :)

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've got an old kid's wedge that I had reduced in size slightly for my lad when he was about 2.5 / 3. It was at the grandparents. Will ask the grandparents for it. You can have it for postage cost if you want it :)

Top stuff, Tiger - thank you. Let me know via pm once you find out if they still have it and I'll transfer you some pennies for p&p.

Tiny putter anyone?

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
As above - I'm looking for one club (putter) and perhaps a second club (wedge) for my soon-to-be 3yo, a taller 3yo at that.

He has the plastic stuff but want to take him out onto our praccy area when I'm on daddy day care duties. HiD told me when I got home that he'd been practising his putting today!!

Ive had a look on eBay and there's not much really, can buy a set of 3 for £25 plus postage but being frank, don't want to spend that on something that could simply be a "daddy does it" fad.

Anybody got any tiny clubs hanging around whereby a charitable donation could sway you to let go? Of course I'll cover postage.

Thanks all.
I've got a putter, wedge/9 and a 8/7 in kids clubs. They are too small for my kids and have been used loads. Welcome to them for postage.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've got a putter, wedge/9 and a 8/7 in kids clubs. They are too small for my kids and have been used loads. Welcome to them for postage.

Cam, thank you very much - are they junior clubs or smaller? He's too small for standard junior clubs as his 'fitting' in Sports Direct :Dwas quite comical...

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just a shout out for Tiger - he answered my request like a true gentleman and has vehemently refused to be refunded postage and/or costs, providing a wedge for my wee man.

Despite the lure of a £10 AG gift card in return, we eventually agreed on Tiger being my boys Caddie at Augusta when he appears in the Masters in 2037.

Thanks Tiger, very good of you and very much appreciated - his face was a picture when the two were introduced :thup:

Tiger

Money List Winner
Just a shout out for Tiger - he answered my request like a true gentleman and has vehemently refused to be refunded postage and/or costs, providing a wedge for my wee man.

Despite the lure of a £10 AG gift card in return, we eventually agreed on Tiger being my boys Caddie at Augusta when he appears in the Masters in 2037.

Thanks Tiger, very good of you and very much appreciated - his face was a picture when the two were introduced :thup:

My pleasure - great to see another junior getting into the sport and delighted to hear he was really excited :thup:

Looking forward to the Georgia trip, just 7868 sleeps to go ;)

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My boy was 2 in June and I'm thinking of getting some clubs for him soon as he seems to enjoy his plastic set. Trouble is though I can't get him to even hold a club with two hands let alone anything the resembles a grip or swing, he currently hit's it best backwards. Obviously, I'm not expecting much but thinking a kids putter would be good as he can only really swing it one way with any small amount of success.

Tiger

Money List Winner
The heavier club does encourage them to use two hands as it's easy to wield a plastic club one handed. I found my son got the most fun and enjoyment out of his wedge so would suggest that ahead of a putter. Given his size you might need to do what I did - blow the grip off take a small amount off the shaft then reapply the grip. It will be a little too big at the bottom of the grip so you'll need a bit of electrical tape. Good luck with it all :) :thup: