Video of my swing at the range

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi All

For a long time i have been trying to get rid of my over the top movement.

Typically i went to the range videod my swing, at the start of the session i was over the top, by the end i would have cured it, then id go back out on the course and get my over the top movement back again. Back to the range rinse and repeat

Today i had a bit of a revelation i changed my ball position, put it at another 3-4 inches further away from me, i thought may be i was standing to close which was forcing me to come steep and over the top as above

This was the result

iron
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5PMdSZKUZk

Hybrid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoTU8BH9XY0

Driver
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhAfkjdjoeg

I'm pretty pleased as the only swing thought i was having was "hit it" not thinking about curing the ott movement at all ( which normally is thinking of keeping the club back, flattening the shaft etc)

So my question is does this look ok re an ott movement?

It's a little steep initially in the downswing, but seems to recover ?.....

Appreciate peoples thoughts?

Thanks

turnerian0779

Visit site
Looks good to me! I have the same ott problem and looks like your pretty much on plane in the videos. What was the ball flight like? I've never thought about moving the ball a little further away but I will definitely give this a go.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
hi thanks
the ball flight is a draw with bad shots a hook
it feels like im really reaching for the ball, not sure whether i have over done it, though the address position doesn't look too bad

scratch

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Looks pretty tidy Tim, I think the biggest cause of an OTT movement is people trying to really welly the ball and lunge at it. Nice smooth swing and make sure your right shoulder comes through under your chin :thup:

How is your course playing just now? I'm down there at the end of the week.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
hi scratch thanks for your reply

agree with your comment on the right shoulder going down under my chin, i've been trying to work on it at these passed few weeks, it's working with the irons, strikes are really improving but stuggling with it with the driver to be honest i tend to ground the club before the ball alot, im not use to being so much lower down, through the ball.

Yep the course is playing well. greens are in really good conditions, it is pretty windy up here at the moment though, so quite tough

Last edited:

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Import tax what's that? ! :)

I didn't pay any

Not sure whether you pay import tax within the EU? i didn't... (or at least i paid the price quoted on the site)

i think the supplier mine came from wasn't the one on the link, but from Germany (though still on the amazon market place)