V6 4Motion sensor problems

lknights1987

Visit site
Hi all,

I have recently bought a V6 4Motion golf and having a few problems. Everytime i go above 40mph and put my foot down to get up to 70mph i get 2 warning lights appear on the dashboard an abs warning light and a traction control warning light. I've had my mate connect he's computer to the car and it come up with a fault saying 01279 longitudinal acceleration sensor (G251) any ideas where i can find this sensor and how easy is it to change? or could this be more of a job then just changing a sensor?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 15344

I reckon go and see your pro and make sure you are fitted correctly for your V6 :thup:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hi all,

I have recently bought a V6 4Motion golf and having a few problems. Everytime i go above 40mph and put my foot down to get up to 70mph i get 2 warning lights appear on the dashboard an abs warning light and a traction control warning light. I've had my mate connect he's computer to the car and it come up with a fault saying 01279 longitudinal acceleration sensor (G251) any ideas where i can find this sensor and how easy is it to change? or could this be more of a job then just changing a sensor?

Thanks

Wrong forum me thinks????

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
For the record, the Lat/Long Acc sensors are most likely in/under end of the dashboard. There's probably a cover visible when you open the passenger door that you take off. Best done by techie though. Early models had one each side - and best to change both. Equivalents on other VWAG vehicles (like my A6 and even Bentleys!).