V Easy Chipping Aid review / Advice

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Any users on here who have used the V Easy and found it has really helped their chipping technique for all types of chipping i.e short and long chips ?

I need to up my game with regards to chipping

Mostly i have a decent technique but i struggle judging distances and need to try the simpler chip putt style

Interested to hear from the many on here who have them and its review

If it helps my putting too that will be a bonus

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
There are 2 ways to chip.
Wristy and non wristy
I think the V-Easy helps you learn the non wristy method which is good for judging distance on the short to medium length chips.
Just my biased opinion ;)

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There are 2 ways to chip.
Wristy and non wristy
I think the V-Easy helps you learn the non wristy method which is good for judging distance on the short to medium length chips.
Just my biased opinion ;)

Thanks Bob

My chipping feel isnt great and a bit too much lower body movement, a bit like a very mini pitch shot moving my right knee towards my left

Tend not to have wrist hinge issues or flicking but my excess lower body movement makes it harder on the finesse shots just off the green

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Just treat it like a putt with a wedge/9 iron etc

[video=youtube;691FG1bEMQY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=691FG1bEMQY&list=UUFeb2vdftHQESr49G8ZorhQ& index=10&feature=plcp[/video]

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks, thats the sort of style i need for chipping

Do you still set up with ball back and weight mainly on front leg or

a balanced weight like when putting ?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks, thats the sort of style i need for chipping

Do you still set up with ball back and weight mainly on front leg or

a balanced weight like when putting ?

You can try it with the ball in the middle and your weight central or...
ball an inch or 2 back but no more and keep the weight 70-30 on your front foot.
Depends which you find easier.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You can try it with the ball in the middle and your weight central or...
ball an inch or 2 back but no more and keep the weight 70-30 on your front foot.
Depends which you find easier.

thanks again Bob and final question about ball position

I have always had it inline with my big toe right foot ( back foot ) and on occasion the club would dig slightly, so maybe i will try the mid position, do i still keep hands forward or central like putting ?

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use mine for chipping. I've always used a hands-free technique - it's probably the best aspect of my short game. I'm not so hot at big lobs and spinny shots, just plain chips with (mostly) PW and, say, 8 iron.
The best thing about practising with Bob's V-easy is learning to clip the ball so cleanly. I've used my SW too and the shot I'm getting into is the just-off-the-green to close pin. Terrific. With a 60 degree you can hit some chips with quite a lot of "swing" and still just lift the ball enough to get over the apron and stop almost immediately without cranking the face and all the rest.
It certainly has tidied up my technique. I LOVE these shots, it's just a shame I don't finish off the work with guaranteed 1 putts. I think I'm just too careful and take bogey too often by not attacking the 1 putts.

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
I for one think teh V-easy is brilliant for improving chipping.
I used to think i was a VERY good short game player, and i thought i would only use my V-e for putting, but i use it more for chipping.

Today, i put 3 chips stone dead from 10 to 15 yards.

(i now chip with the stripey foam balls in the hall most nights using it.)

Distance control is now majorly improved

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh, and by the way, using it was 2nd nature - didn't have to learn anything new or feel "messed up", just set it up and off I went.

I suppose it might be harder if you don't already use that sort of technique

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I like Bobs suggestion of setting up with the ball fairly central for a chip. I think playing off the back foot with an open stance is building in a number of adjustments that have to be overcome.

These days I try to use my 7 iron as much as possible when chipping, its so good to feel distance. A bit like a putter but with that extra loft to get it up and rolling.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
one of my partners should have ordered one of these in the last few days - it will be interesting to chronicle his progress.

like many he loves the game, but isn't young and both chips and putts (disasterously) with wrists, wrists and more wrists...

I have every confidence it (the v-easy) will be the making of him!

ventura

Head Pro
Visit site
Is this as good as everyone makes out or does Bob just have 15 different profiles and all these posts are an elaborate marketing scheme?

I think it's time I put an order in.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Is this as good as everyone makes out or does Bob just have 15 different profiles and all these posts are an elaborate marketing scheme?

I think it's time I put an order in.

If you do, you wont regret it :thup:

I don't use mine for chipping, but it has improved my putting stroke no end.

In my last 2 rounds I've taken 29 putts.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you do, you wont regret it :thup:

I don't use mine for chipping, but it has improved my putting stroke no end.

In my last 2 rounds I've taken 29 putts.

Did you find that using a shoulders only putting style you lost your distance to start with

I have tried the rocking shoulders wrists firm style and found i have lost distance, however my new club has faster greens so maybe that will help me

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Did you find that using a shoulders only putting style you lost your distance to start with

It certainly does.
The reason being, in the passed, you have probably used a combination of shoulders and wrists to get the distance you wanted. With the V-Easy, you can't use the wrists hence you come up short. But with a bit of practice, you soon learn to let the putter swing with the shoulders and the distance returns.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Final question about the technique chip putt

As its a shoulder rock that is the basis for chipping, what is the realistic max distance you can fly a ball say using a PW with this method, i suspect maybe only 30 to 35 ft as after that you need wrist hinge on the back swing as per mini pitch shot , Bob please advise ?