Utility wood, marketing gimic ?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
No, I don't think so. I have always had trouble filling that space between the 5 iron and the 3 wood. I find hybrids too hooky and utility irons hard to hit, so this could scratch an itch for me, and I will try it.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is nothing new about this

TaylorMade did it after the success of their 2nd edition hybrid range (the mid).

£300 for a club that does not adjust!!

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I have the Rogue Heavenwood which is a 20 degree 7 wood with a longer, 4 wood length shaft. This sound very similar. Mine launches high, travels 200 yards through the air and stops, it does this with an amazing degree of consistency, unlike your average fairway, and it doesn't have the tendency of hybrids to go left.
Fills a gap nicely.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the Rogue Heavenwood which is a 20 degree 7 wood with a longer, 4 wood length shaft. This sound very similar. Mine launches high, travels 200 yards through the air and stops, it does this with an amazing degree of consistency, unlike your average fairway, and it doesn't have the tendency of hybrids to go left.
Fills a gap nicely.
I have a 7 wood to that spec made for me back in 2013 or before from a Bridgestone J33 head. It comes in and out of my bag

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Fills a gap nicely.
How the Hell can you train it to do that???:confused:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fills a gap nicely.
I still have my Wilson Invex 7 built to a similar spec but a 3wood shaft. I used to love that little beauty, really high with drop and stop and really good out of deep rough.

Sadly these days it only goes about 170 which is me not the club.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site