Unfortunate typo

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Need to work how to not receive an infraction

Received a "we are open" email from a local curry house. The xxxx should have read "shut", but had the wrong vowel.

Just to let you know that it’s business as usual for us a few customers have seen the news and have assumed we are xxxx but we are open as usual

Kind Regards

RangeMonkey

Visit site
I worked in the software department of a major high street back a few years ago. The site had a tower that had previously been used for drop testing, before the bank called the site. It now housed some support staff.

Our very proper site manager once sent an email out to all 4,000 people on the site.

The email should have said, “The facilities team will be shutting down the tower this weekend”...

Oh how we laughed.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Guy I worked with had a fair bit of dyslexia. I remember an email that said he'd got his green willies stuck in a muddy field. It was one of many... dare I mention the wank holiday. He was very sensitive to it, and whoever got the email first would ring him and ask him to 'pull it back' before too many people saw it. It got the odd leg pull but people were very conscious of his sensitivity ----- which is why grammar and spelling police need a good hard look at themselves.

D

Deleted member 23270

A few years ago I used to work for a very attractive Swedish lady. One of my colleagues emailed her asking if she was busy but accidentally sent 'Are you busty?'

She replied a couple of minutes later......'I'm a D cup'

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ex boss was dealing with a consultation about a big renovation project and wanted to advise people about how public information would be shared.. Unfortunately the email she sent out said she'd be "putting on a big pubic display".

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A few years ago I used to work for a very attractive Swedish lady. One of my colleagues emailed her asking if she was busy but accidentally sent 'Are you busty?'

She replied a couple of minutes later......'I'm a D cup'
Many would have you in court for sexual harassment for that.
So good on her for having a sense of humour.

D

Deleted member 23344

Simple answer ... reread it before pressing the send button. But then we wouldn‘t have funny stories to tell.