Unexpected Surprise

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was watering the garden earlier this evening with a watering can filled from a water butt. The watering can stays outside by the water butt and is usually left half full so it is ready for use. First pour and no water came out. After fault diagnosis of this complicated piece of equipment I found that a young toad was wedged in the spout. Lord knows how he got in there. He’s now been placed in a safe place underneath the shed. 🐸

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was watering the garden earlier this evening with a watering can filled from a water butt. The watering can stays outside by the water butt and is usually left half full so it is ready for use. First pour and no water came out. After fault diagnosis of this complicated piece of equipment I found that a young toad was wedged in the spout. Lord knows how he got in there. He’s now been placed in a safe place underneath the shed. 🐸
Grew from a tadpole between uses??!! :p

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

My mum lives out in the country and a few years ago went outside and to put on her wellies, which she always stored upside down on a stand outside her back door. She turned them the right way up and put a foot in only to feel something in the toe of the welly. Turned it upside down again and tipped out a frog. No idea how it had managed to climb up the boot and get into the toe while it was standing upside down.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Could have, but how did the tadpole get into the water butt when it has a lid. 🤷‍♂️
Birds? 🦅
Birds land in ponds where the eggs are they then fly around depositing the eggs from their feathers all over the place
So tad gets on your roof and the rain runs it into your water butt.

That’s how a lot of plants get to move around as well.