Twighlight memberships??

splashtryagain

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Has anyone ever held / had one of these memberships? I would be able to play after 12 over winter and after 3 in the summer. This seems to fit with my current work and when I could play golf so can't really see the downside considering it is half the cost!
Any opinions?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It would almost certainly limit who you will be playing with - and make integration into the club harder. Also - can you play in competitions? Even if you can at my place many competitions have a last tee time - often finishing about 1pm - so you wouldn't be able to enter? Some comps are open-ended on the day but it is harder to get someone to play with - and playing in an open-ended comp if you can only start after 3pm isn't going to be very attractive to most others.

splashtryagain

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I see where you are coming from, I know a few folk at the club already so this may help. I can play in comes on Sunday's or they run 3 midweek chomps each month.

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
I have summer only twilight membership. 7 days after 3pm April til September, one third the price. Suits me perfectly - I can call in after work and get a full round in during the week, and at weekends most people play early so the course is fairly quiet.

In the winter I just play 9 holes at the weekend on a local pay and play, depending on the weather. I don't end up paying subs for a course that closes half the winter.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
not quite twilight but has a weekday membership of a small 9 hole at Nethy Bridge in the Cairngorms when i worked in Carrbridge.

just used to play after work a couple of times a week was only £50 for the summer. Had membership to a couple of other clubs i played medals at. so wasn't my main source of golf.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seems pretty tempting. It would be very restrictive once the clocks have changed, winter before anyone tries to be clever, but then the courses you are looking at may be soggy then anyway. You could always use the money saved to play other courses during that time if you felt the urge. I play most of my golf after 3pm in the summer so this would suit. Again, if you fancied a Sunday morning game then you just need to go onto one of the online booking sites. Half price membership gives you a lot to play with.

Would this be for Hexham or Close House?

splashtryagain

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's Hexham Lord t, after a round the other day and talking to some lads I know who play there I think this is the one for me!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think that could make good sense. I suspect Hexham is a tad damp in winter so would you be getting out much then anyway during those very short days? Half price makes quite a difference as well. Nice club, good choice.