Tv

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Afternoon all,

Can any one recommend a decent TV for no more than 350. The TV will be used mainly for playing a PS 5 when they eventually come back in stock. I appreciate its not a massive budget but I'm sure there is a decent TV out there but as you know I am clueless ????

Cheers

Midnight...

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Take a look at Richer Sounds all TVs come with a 6 year warranty.
Or John Lewis where the warranty is 5 years

I bought LG for the first because of the Warranty whereas I had avoided them in the past after hearing about some of the problems. Smashing it but it is the 50" and outside of your budget and just had a pleasant surprise to it is now £50 more expensive than when I bought it last month.

this TV (in a large screen was the other one in my decision) https://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-u...-smart-tv-43-inch-with-tvplus-silver/p4929566
https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/all-tvs/samsung-ue43tu7100.html

You are probably just on the margin with your budget for a 40" 4kTV with a good warranty from with either of them.

Last edited:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
If using the TV mainly for PS5, and you play fast pace games, look for ones that have very good Game mode. This means a very low input lag (time you touch a PS button to the time it reacts on the screen) below 25ms. The Samsung tu7100 tv LP linked does the job here, lag around 20ms, although for 20 quid more you can get the Samsung 43tu8000 which is a better all round TV (more picture processing and more connections).

You can get 50 inch TV on budget for a more immersive experience. This TV (Hisense Roku R50B7120UK at Argos) is excellent for the cash and comes with Roku built in. My Mum has got one and I have the 43 inch in the conservatory. Lag is below 40ms.

Just note at the 350 level you won’t get TV features that maximise the PS5 display potential...e.g. VRR (variable refresh rate - tv matches the frame rate of the console), ALLM (auto low latency mode - switching automatically into and out of Game mode) and HFR (high frame rate - 4K definition at 120 frames per second).

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone heard of/ use this TV TCL 43DP628 43" Smart 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR10 and Freeview Play.

Is it worth the money or is there better for the price?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
From AV forums

1. 43" TCL models - Poor availability and usually only sold by Amazon with 1-2 year warranties make them hard to recommend. They are currently listed at a price that makes them poor value. This may change though. Some higher tier models come with Dolby Vision and HDR10+ support.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
From AV forums

1. 43" TCL models - Poor availability and usually only sold by Amazon with 1-2 year warranties make them hard to recommend. They are currently listed at a price that makes them poor value. This may change though. Some higher tier models come with Dolby Vision and HDR10+ support.

Cheers mate ????

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone heard of/ use this TV TCL 43DP628 43" Smart 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR10 and Freeview Play.

Is it worth the money or is there better for the price?

That TV is over two years old. TCL launched into the UK market with this model. You get it from Amazon and AO.com. Main weakness observed by reviews is poor motion handling. Not what you want for gaming really.

TCL are expanding their presence in the UK every year to capture the budget market against Hisense, etc. Their later TVs are better.

Is there better for the price? Yes.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site