TRUMP, What the hell is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well Mr PotUS - what did you expect when you continually attack with great vitriol the likes of CNN, the media, and leading Democrats.

And his taking the mick out of those Republicans and those advisors who probably asked him to tone down the rhetoric a bit - right away at a rally he made fun of his 'gentler' tone - making it clear he didn't believe he should have to be 'gentler' - less inflammatory. The guy is empathetically an empty vessel. it is worrying and sad.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And so the mid-term elections tomorrow. One of the (if not the) vilest PotUS ever - and almost certainly the greatest and most blatant liar the USA has ever had at the helm. Eight lies every single day of his presidency - even counting Sundays and all those days on the golf course that he said he wasn't going to have (because only Obama spent time on the golf course and he wasn't going to do that - which was a lie of course).

But of course if you convince your supporters that everything the majority of MSM says about him is a lie - then many will simply believe that the reporting of his lyng is in itself a lie. Not a great place to be.

Meanwhile when asked about telling the truth to the public (as he said promised before the election that he would) - Trump's reply? When I can, I tell the truth. But there's the problem. That's a lie - he rarely, if ever, tells the truth...

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
And so the mid-term elections tomorrow. One of the (if not the) vilest PotUS ever - and almost certainly the greatest and most blatant liar the USA has ever had at the helm. Eight lies every single day of his presidency - even counting Sundays and all those days on the golf course that he said he wasn't going to have (because only Obama spent time on the golf course and he wasn't going to do that - which was a lie of course).

But of course if you convince your supporters that everything the majority of MSM says about him is a lie - then many will simply believe that the reporting of his lyng is in itself a lie. Not a great place to be.

Meanwhile when asked about telling the truth to the public (as he said promised before the election that he would) - Trump's reply? When I can, I tell the truth. But there's the problem. That's a lie - he rarely, if ever, tells the truth...

I am not a fan of The Don but the U.S. added 250,000 jobs in October, more than the 190,000 economists expected…. The unemployment rate held at 3.7%, a nearly 50-year low, while wages grew 3.1% year-over-year, the biggest jump since 2009…..Better get used to him as I think he is a shoe in for 4 more years!

Mr Hip

Medal Winner
Visit site
None of this matters to his supporters. He's a class warrior, sticking it to the people they believe have shafted them for years, and saying the things they would like to say. Bad as it is now, it's going to get worse. From beautiful barbed wire to the smell of napalm in the morning?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am not a fan of The Don but the U.S. added 250,000 jobs in October, more than the 190,000 economists expected…. The unemployment rate held at 3.7%, a nearly 50-year low, while wages grew 3.1% year-over-year, the biggest jump since 2009…..Better get used to him as I think he is a shoe in for 4 more years!

"not a fan" but impressed with the figures??????

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
"not a fan" but impressed with the figures??????

Yes of course, are you not?

Are your views so blinkered that you cannot give any credit to Trumps presidency?
I don’t like the man, I think he’s an oaf but I’m not too slow to recognise why he is popular in the US, he is delivering on his election pledges like no president in living memory.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Quite easy for jobs to materialise when the conditions and impetus was created by the Obama administration.

I suspect that many of his 35% acolytes listen to him lying - hear him lying - know that he is lying - but think that if they could get their own way, and what they want, by lying - then they would lie also. So if Trump gets what HE wants by lying - even if his supporters know that he is lying to them also - then they will support him.

As a Trump supporter yesterday told Katy Tur of MSNBC - I know that he lies all the time, but I trust him. How can the Dems counter that sort of thinking...

KT's good.

https://www.msnbc.com/katy-tur/watc...make-you-uncomfortable-1362419779542?v=raila&

Last edited:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Quite easy for jobs to materialise when the conditions and impetus was created by the Obama administration.

I suspect that many of his acolytes listen to him lying - hear him lying - know that he is lying - but think that if they could get their own way, and what they want, by lying - then they would lie also.

Or just maybe by some twisted fluke, his presidency has installed confidence in the markets and businesses states side.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site

Not quite as impressive when you look at it in context.

IMG_2354.PNG

U

User62651

So, is the world a safer place this morning?

Mid terms, not going to pretend I know much about the US electoral system/politics but seems Trump did ok yesterday, lost House of Representatives which gives Democrats means to frustrate him but retained the Senate doing better than expected which is as important. Some commentators even suggesting by losing the House of Representatives it gives Trump a better chance in 2020 of re-election as POTUS as he'll have someone to blame when he cant meet former promises such as building the wall.

Trying to understand their system - is it correct that some voters were voting for 3 persons yesterday, some 2 , some 1 and some no vote? Based on -
  • Variable numbers of congressmen/women in House according to individual state populations, on 2 year terms.
  • 2 senators per state on 6 year terms.
  • 1 governor per state on 4 year term (some states 2 years)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well I am glad the PotUS thinks the various outcomes of the elections a 'tremendous success'. Yes the GOP increased it's Senate majority by winning a few of the 35 out of 100 Senate seats up for grabs - not unexpected given the Red leaning nature of some the GOP won. But I think losing control of the House is much more significant - especially given that the House...

will now be able to launch subpoena-powered investigations into the president’s finances, Russian interference, administration ethics scandals, and so much more — and to halt the conservative legislative agenda in its tracks. They could even demand Trump’s long-concealed tax returns.

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/6/18025...crats-win-house-trump-investigations-analysis

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
So, is the world a safer place this morning?

Mid terms, not going to pretend I know much about the US electoral system/politics but seems Trump did ok yesterday, lost House of Representatives which gives Democrats means to frustrate him but retained the Senate doing better than expected which is as important. Some commentators even suggesting by losing the House of Representatives it gives Trump a better chance in 2020 of re-election as POTUS as he'll have someone to blame when he cant meet former promises such as building the wall.

Trying to understand their system - is it correct that some voters were voting for 3 persons yesterday, some 2 , some 1 and some no vote? Based on -
  • Variable numbers of congressmen/women in House according to individual state populations, on 2 year terms.
  • 2 senators per state on 6 year terms.
  • 1 governor per state on 4 year term (some states 2 years)

It is true that Trump will no doubt now be able to blame the Dems for him not getting stuff done, but the Dems will be able to really dig into the President's personal circumstances; why did he sack Comey?; etc

And in addition to the various representation elections voters were presented with - some states and some districts in states were also voting for local legislation - so for instance voters in Utah voted to legalise medicinal use of cannabis

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/uta...ijuana-legalization-ahead-of-compromise-deal/

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sure the Donald will be quite happy with the results. Nothing unusual about the party in the White House losing some seats in the mid-terms and he's increased his majority in the Senate.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm sure the Donald will be quite happy with the results. Nothing unusual about the party in the White House losing some seats in the mid-terms and he's increased his majority in the Senate.

He will take the credit for the additional Senate seats and Governors (of course taking greatest pleasure and ownership where he had a rally in the state) - and in his head will put the House losses down to others. He will still be thinking he can do what he wants. But he can't. And such as the House Judiciary Committee with a Dem Chairman are now able to ask what could be some very revealing questions of Trump; his finances, and his business interests. His Presidency has been - to a significant extend - neutered.

Status
Not open for further replies.