True Temper AMT shafts.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does anyone have irons with these shafts. Just wondering if you really notice the weight progression.
Sounds like an interesting concept and something I may consider trying in the future ?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
My Ping i10s have AWT shafts.

I believe the AMTs have a greater range or difference in weights from 4 to PW.

I can't remember the exact details, but it might be something like 8g difference for AWT and 20g difference for AMT from 4 to PW.

Whether anyone can "notice" the slight changes from one club to another, I can't really say.
If you play with them, you might be better off forgetting whether you notice any difference and just get on with your game.

Make your decision to go with them (or not) when you buy, then just get on with your game. That's what I did.
Whether any other shafts would have been better for me - I will never know.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think the weight change is 3g shaft to shaft in the AMT
PW at 130g and 112g at the 4 iron...or something in that range....
I've hit them in fittings but only then7 iron shaft...

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
Does anyone have irons with these shafts. Just wondering if you really notice the weight progression.
Sounds like an interesting concept and something I may consider trying in the future ?

I have AMT Red in some AP3, came from KBS Tour 125 (I think, KBS) total change for me much better higher ball flight and the weight of the longer irons are not too heavy for me, been very happy with them

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have AMT white in my Mizunos recommended by the fitter. (Previously used TTDG SLs.)

However I only play 7 to PW with them so a bit hard to judge.

At my fitting last week the pro was suggesting something lighter. I have since tried the Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 and was definitely longer with a 7 iron. My worry has always been going too light with the short clubs.

One of the troubles I find with fittings these days is that you only get to try a 7 iron.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have AMT white in my Mizunos recommended by the fitter. (Previously used TTDG SLs.)

However I only play 7 to PW with them so a bit hard to judge.

At my fitting last week the pro was suggesting something lighter. I have since tried the Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 and was definitely longer with a 7 iron. My worry has always been going too light with the short clubs.

One of the troubles I find with fittings these days is that you only get to try a 7 iron.

Good point ?