Trouble overswings-trail arm collapse-loss of angles to impact-chicken wing...

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
how search for power through a long swing can mislead 'feel to real' to produce poor sequence & a loss of 'angles' in the downswing so poor impact conditions & strike ability

-& why good stuff always starts with a 'sound' hold on the handle and good set-up conditions

- & how making the necessary adjustments can often times lead to a motion that 'feels' completely wrong - but in effect is so on point

- & why using video (from dtl & face on) to monitor practice/swing changes to be 'able' to 'really see' what's going down with the 'feel to real' aspect is crucial to making & sustaining real improvements

[video=youtube;0wb7L4ihylY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wb7L4ihylY[/video]

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hope all the Whippersnappers are taking note of this for tomorrow.

The Farts will instinctively know to ignore it.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So Mr Chuck turns a chopper swing into something that looks half decent. Probably feeling pretty pleased with himself. Job well done etc etc

Aforementioned chopper couldn't sound less happy about it if he tried! Probably went back to his mates and complained that his pro wouldn't work with the swing he already had, didn't want a complete overhaul etc etc.

Tough gig being a golf instructor.

As a ps. does anyone use one of those training ball things? I've often wondered about getting one, as my arms tend to wander about all over the place.