Trip down memory lane

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23270

Playing somewhere today that I've not played for close on 20 years. Huge changes have taken place there, always enjoyed my games there. Fingers crossed ?

D

Deleted member 23270

Enjoyed it but not as much as I thought I would. Think I hyped it up a bit too much in my head.

Reactions: SyR

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I like going back every few years to the course I grew up playing golf at. It's nice to see the changes they have made and how the course is maturing. I was disappointed to see a few sod wall bunkers have been replaced with lower maintenance versions and a signature target bunker was left to go wild.

D

Deleted member 23270

Stoneham

I know there is a forum trip there later this year and it will be a big success. The problem yesterday was the winter set up, tees were a long way forward which spoiled the perspective of a lot of holes. But it's winter golf and it is what it is. Greens were very good for the time of year and I expect they will be excellent come the summer.

Reactions: SyR

Leftitshort

Visit site
Stoneham

I know there is a forum trip there later this year and it will be a big success. The problem yesterday was the winter set up, tees were a long way forward which spoiled the perspective of a lot of holes. But it's winter golf and it is what it is. Greens were very good for the time of year and I expect they will be excellent come the summer.
Must be a winter thing. I played there in august after 10 years away and it was brilliant.