Trick or Treat

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Who gets involved and who closes the curtains, knocks the lights off and turns up Corrie to drown out the noise??

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's so random around here.
One year we get loads and run out of treats, others we get nobody......
Hope we get nobody tonight....scrounging little wronguns.😕

To qualify that - I'm not long in from a long day, dinner's almost ready and I just want to kick back for a while, not having to jump up every 10 minutes to answer the door.
Bah!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Always buy a tin of sweets, some years we get lots of kids, the odd year I've got sweets for the Golf Bag😃

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Depends on the weather, last year it bladdered it down so had loads of slurps left.
This year it's gorgeous so there may well be a few more, little monsters out there. Don't mind spending two quid on a few haribos for them.

feel sorry for the little mites, when I was a kid, me dad got a new gate every year which we used to borrow for a year, " mischievous night" we used to call it. Only night you could be a little sod and get away with it. Certainly made the most of it.
putting bangers in a milk bottle and ringing the door bell. Only bettered by putting dog poo in news paper and setting light to it, seeing Dirty Dez stamping out the lit newspaper. God I miss being 8 yr old.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
A big bowl of sweets and no knock at the door yet - any left I shall munch them over the next few days.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
In the good old days, you could buy fireworks with your paper round money. Bangers and jumping jacks ( now unfortunately banned) were the fave toys. Fortunately for us kids we found out in History classes that some bloke called Guy Fawkes tried blowing up the a big house near " mischievous night" so we could get fireworks to play with.
All went well until Tash tried putting a lit banger through the letter box of an empty house, instead of rolling into the hall it rolled into my hand and blew a big hole in my right index finger. It hurt. A lot. I didn't think it was funny, but I was in a minority as my mates were wetting there pants laughing. Ringing doorbells asking for sweets is not character building.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Middle of the Country , not many of trick or treat age left around , always buy stuff to have tho just in case ..Found refreshers in one of the packs tonight , they wont be getting them . no chance

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
No takers yet...

Maybe it's something to do with the sign I put on the gate.....
Trick or Treaters will be hung, drawn and quartered....😕

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Trick or treating is a rubbish American import, I will not answer the door to them, what happened to remember, remember the 5th of November and Penny for the Guy?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Such a pity Hallowe'en has turned out as it is today - as in Scotland guising on Hallowe'en and all that went with it was great fun - for children and the folks you visited.

Going round with my brother and sister in disguise - we'd usually be invited into the house - we'd each do our 'turn' and often dook for apples or try and bite a (very) sticky toffee covered apple dangling from a string - or other little games. A good handful of monkey nuts, a piece of Scottish tablet wrapped in grease-proof paper; a sweetie or two or a chocolate bar (fudge and flakes were common); an apple and maybe a penny or two - and off we'd trot to the next house. Innocent bygone days,

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Drove out tonight on the way to the range and they seemed to be going round in massive groups. No chance of me giving to a throng like that, especially teenagers. I'll give to the small kids that live locally as they're always accompanied by a parent and are always told to say please and thank you. It's been a long day, long range session and I'm not in the mood for a group of wrong un's to turn up. Patience in short supply I'm afraid