Travel bag

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm sure this is a topic that's been done plenty of times, but using the search function, I didn't find anything recent.

I'm flying with my clubs for the first time in July, I'm after a pretty cheap travel bag, but obviously one that will do the job. If possible, I'd like to get my usual stand bag in plus the smallest pencil bag I can find.

I'm thinking something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...edd3-576e-832c-f686036ac107&pf_rd_i=458454031

Any reason why I shouldn't? Or any particular tips to go with it?

I'm flying with BA so this is well within the maximum dimensions, and also lightweight, taking up only 2.3kg of my total of 23kg.

D

Deleted Member 1156

That looks as good as any other canvas bag. I've had several over the years and they get ripped to shreds after a few trips. I've now bought one of the solid moulded ones and it is pretty bullet proof. Mine was £140 but you can get them from £100 upwards and i would strongly recommend spending the extra especially if you are planning more trips in the future.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sports Direct have a couple of cheaper ones

https://www.sportsdirect.com/slazenger-golf-travel-cover-870002?colcode=87000203

This is solid enough and does the job for my clubs and standbag. Would expect enough room for a pencil bag as well.

They’ve got a Dunlop one for £18. As D4S says, they get bashed about so I’d go full on expensive or just settle for one you won’t mind replacing in a few years (although mines still good condition after 5 trips)

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
ebay should do the trick

I purchased a united colours of benetton tour bag and travel bag for the pricely sum of £15, If your not fussy about 'branded' goods there are plenty on the bay that would work well

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The trouble is not how you pack it, but how the heavy hands Gruffalos at the airport lob them about. Had the zip go a couple of times. Always make sure there is now a heavy duty luggage strap around the bag now so they can grab hold of that. 👍

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've a Taylor Made one that MashleyR7 borrowed a fair while back. If you want to pm and ask to borrow it I'd be quite happy for you to use it. He's due to start work in the kings Hill area soon so I guess getting it wouldn't be too difficult for you.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ive also got one that has been used once in 20 years and you are welcome to borrow (if the logistics work easily for you) Tonbridge area.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thank you Chris and Duncan. They are both very generous offers.

On the basis that I'm unlikely to need a travel bag again in the foreseeable future, I will take you up on your offers!

Are both of similar kind of design to the one in my link? I.e. reasonable size and soft material so don't take up too much space on arrival at destination? We've got to try and get all the kit in a hire car when we arrive, so a hard case, although good from a protection perspective, might be a bit too unwieldy.

CallawayKid

Q-School Graduate
www.regimentway.co.uk
Put in a sawn off a broom handle that's longer than your clubs so that that's the first thing that hits anything. The minimum wage 'Gruffalos' will not care what's in the bag...

CK

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm sure this is a topic that's been done plenty of times, but using the search function, I didn't find anything recent.

I'm flying with my clubs for the first time in July, I'm after a pretty cheap travel bag, but obviously one that will do the job. If possible, I'd like to get my usual stand bag in plus the smallest pencil bag I can find.

I'm thinking something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...edd3-576e-832c-f686036ac107&pf_rd_i=458454031

Any reason why I shouldn't? Or any particular tips to go with it?

I'm flying with BA so this is well within the maximum dimensions, and also lightweight, taking up only 2.3kg of my total of 23kg.
I have one if those bags. Excellent value for money and nice and strong. I did have a much more expensive bag but it was huge, think body bag:eek:, and too much of a pain to lug around.