Training schedule

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I really need to set myself up with a structured training schedule, I know it sounds vague but got to get consistent over the winter months to get some cards in ready for next years comps. I've just joined my club and started to struggle more than usual! I'm high handicap of 28 but just recently can't get anything straight or airborne. Plenty of tops from lifting my head. I used to have a slice or a push from open club face especially with my woods, this has eased off a lot, it's still there just not as often. My irons were always straight but no length, now they can drift left or right but still no length. I know it's hard to give any advise without seeing me swing a club but I'm so frustrated!

percy_layer

Challenge Tour Pro
www.davidord.com
Are you getting lessons??

A series of lessons from a local PGA Pro will help you get things sorted. I would suggest 5 or 6 sessions before end of March would do the trick.

Hope you get things sorted

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not yet but will be starting that side of things this week. The pro I used to see has moved away so will have to find another. Shame because I really liked him spotted thongs straight off that my first coach had missed!

SharkAttack

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Buy the book "Positive Practice" by David Leadbetter. It gives you all you really need to know about practicing and some schedules to follow, short game, long game etc. The best book I have read for practice, although I will admit to thinking Leadbetter is a very good teacher overall. He has a very good way of getting things over simply and with lots of good drills to help you learn.

Shark

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers sharkattack will try that, I've got to dig out my old laptop as I've got the interactive leadbetter DVD set but bought a mac last year and it's not compatible!! I've got my hacker to golfer in 90 days, hogans five lessons and watsons short game book amongst others! Should keep me going till I find a copy!