Trackman Indoors questions

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does anyone know all the stats are calculated? Had a session tonight hitting into impact screen about 15 feet away.

Numbers were pretty awful but got to work on getting launch angle and spin better and to be fair we did that but let's just say a work in progress.

However most driver shot were hooks. Now I CAN hook the ball but I'm more likely to slice it as a bad shot.... and there were several strikes I hit I am 99% certain were slices which trackman showed as pull hooks. This was before we changed setup. I told pro I was certain these were slices and he said trackman doesn't lie.

Face and path were good according to trackman.

Just wondering people's knowledge on trackman when indoors. I can't wait to use when the weather improves and starts getting lighter so I can actually see the ball flight in addition to trackman. I take it outdoor trackman fully tracks the ball rather than just calculating? Also does trackman o lynch see the ball? Or does it see my club swinging too?

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
the #'s indoors are pretty precise in comparison to the outdoors #'s - there's very little if any difference
so outside you see the flight but the #'s would be the same - Pro is correct trackman does not lie

trackman situ at 7'-9' away from impact
the screen/net approx 13'-15' from ball

if it was a trackman 4 it has 2 radar systems one to track the ball - one to track the club

trackman units (before trackman 4) only track the ball - not the club

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
the #'s indoors are pretty precise in comparison to the outdoors #'s - there's very little if any difference
so outside you see the flight but the #'s would be the same - Pro is correct trackman does not lie

trackman situ at 7'-9' away from impact
the screen/net approx 13'-15' from ball

if it was a trackman 4 it has 2 radar systems one to track the ball - one to track the club

trackman units (before trackman 4) only track the ball - not the club

Trackman 4 also has a HD camera which films your swing.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was trackman 3.... but do you see the cut and draw flight as accurately. Most of my shots there was not much dispersion even though some felt like wild boomerang slices. Even the hooks that felt like genuine hooks would be first cut stuff when they felt a lot more wild.... and given how I play on the course I usually do throw in 2 or 3 wild ones

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was trackman 3.... but do you see the cut and draw flight as accurately. Most of my shots there was not much dispersion even though some felt like wild boomerang slices. Even the hooks that felt like genuine hooks would be first cut stuff when they felt a lot more wild.... and given how I play on the course I usually do throw in 2 or 3 wild ones

would have been giving true data over the flight patterns so yep would be seeing cut/slice draw/hook - whatever was hit
the unit was far enough away from the screen/net to give accurate #'s

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You probably unconsciously changed your swing because you were indoors hitting into a net causing the hooks.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You probably unconsciously changed your swing because you were indoors hitting into a net causing the hooks.

Probably- a lot just felt Really Really cutty that I couldn't quite believe they were staying left.

In outdoor trackman does the device follow the ball for the full trajectory or just for a set distance?

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
I love using the trackman!! but I focus using the statistics rather than the ball flight it shows.

Focus on the swing path and get the stats to your liking!