"Too Many Login Attempts"

MKnott

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
Hey folks,

I've been getting a few reports of people encountering an issue where their accounts are temporarily locked out due to login attempts despite them trying to login just once. I'm investigating this now and if you're running across the problem and looking for help, please mail me at matt.knott@futurenet.com so I can check this out and get a sense of how many people are running up against the problem,

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hey folks,

I've been getting a few reports of people encountering an issue where their accounts are temporarily locked out due to login attempts despite them trying to login just once. I'm investigating this now and if you're running across the problem and looking for help, please mail me at matt.knott@futurenet.com so I can check this out and get a sense of how many people are running up against the problem,
mine does this quite often too

MKnott

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
It can crop up from time to time, but today was a little more widespread than we'd normally expect - it also stopped us fixing the ad popups.

Hopefully it should now be resolved!

MKnott

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
Waking up, it looks like it kicked back in again this morning. I'm unable to login using my test accounts and I've had a few reports alongside those in this thread.

If you've managed to login, I'd recommend not logging out while we try to resolve this. I understand you'll likely have different devices and that this is a pain. Believe me, I share it because it's stopping us finally resolving the popup issue. I'll continue to pursue it and let you folks know when I have an update.

MKnott

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
This should actually be resolved now, turns out there was a weird configuration buried deep in the darkness. I just ran a few tests and everything seemed fine and smooth, I'll be keeping an eye on it, but as of now it should be resolved.

Touch wood.