Tony Valentine

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Anyone used them or know anything about them. Reason I ask is I am having a fitting next week for some clubs and he does them. But there is another 5% off at the till. So it makes them a good bit cheaper.

Cheers me dears.

RichA

Visit site
Anyone used them or know anything about them. Reason I ask is I am having a fitting next week for some clubs and he does them. But there is another 5% off at the till. So it makes them a good bit cheaper.

Cheers me dears.
I thought I read you say that you were getting Pinged out at Gainsborough HQ. No good?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Used both their shops - Corsham and Swindon and found them to be really good. Live about 10 minutes from the Corsham shop so not dealt with them online, so can't help on this. The Corsham shop is set back off the road with just a small sign by the road, used to drive past it and thought it was a bloke selling knock off stuff form his garage. Then I won a voucher with the local society and popped in- what a surprise! 2 storey shop stocked with loads of clubs and equipment form most manufacturers, 3 bays for fitting, putting green - everything you could wish for. Much more selection that AG.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I thought I read you say that you were getting Pinged out at Gainsborough HQ. No good?

No what happened was I kicked golf in the head yesterday and was hoping to get into a fitting at Gainsboro but the earliest they had was next Wednesday.So I have booked in for that. Now I know you can order direct from them but if there a good deal more than elsewhere why would you. Tony Valentines golf looks very good for prices. ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Long way south for you??

I've known Tony for over 20 years... I think Paul McLean is working there now too. Was pro at Bowood. Good guy too.
Can you ask him to expand and open a shop around here..?
3 nearest golf shops(non golf club shops) are all AG..:(.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Long way south for you??

I've known Tony for over 20 years... I think Paul McLean is working there now too. Was pro at Bowood. Good guy too.

I think with the power of the internet your brass goes a bit further, even more so now everything is costing more. ?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Also Gainsborough HQ fitting is about the experience rather like titleist at st Ives. if you don’t want the experience then it comes down to price, if you want the experience then it doesn’t need to be discounted,

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Ping joined the 21st century a couple of years ago..
You were never able to buy new Pings online..only by phone to try and make sure there was at least a small element of custom fitting.
Now you can buy Pings online and shops seem to be free to charge what they want.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Ping joined the 21st century a couple of years ago..
You were never able to buy new Pings online..only by phone to try and make sure there was at least a small element of custom fitting.
Now you can buy Pings online and shops seem to be free to charge what they want.

This is the bit that threw me when I was perusing the net. Bottom line re Ping clubs and ordering online. You need to be fitted to put in the specs of which colour dot, length, grip etc. I had a fitting experience at Gainsboro for my GMax and just loved the session. It was worth the trip just for the fitting. Sounds odd but they really do know there product. Am sure the ability to have a fitting for my GMax then order online was not available back then. I could be fitted at my place but I don’t want to go there with that one.