To the chelsea contingent

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Hi Folks,

Just read that Peter Kenyon reckons Shevchenko was "a success" during his time at chelsea.

£30m transfer fee, £120k a week wages, 47 league games and 9 goals. Shevchenko was at chelsea for 2 years so his salary plus transfer fee equates to a total expense of £42,480,000 which equates to £4,720,000 per goal.

What a success story he really was, Kenyon reckons that is good value for money. What sort of drugs is this man on???

BTW - C.O.Y.S

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I read this too. Lucky they don't have to balance their books really.

Mind you, as an Arsenal fan, I was happy when they had Sheva upfront. Money well spent as far as I am concerned. Pity they didn't sell him to United.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I will ask him next time I see him.....if he's up for a football chat.
In his wildest dreams could the Shevchenko saga ever be described as a good spend. I suspect (not that I'm in the know with footy, or even care) that the motives were more to do with R.A. and the Russian triangle of mystery.
I can only guess at what 23 billion $US can do a club owner.

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm one of the Chelsea contingent......and trust me when i tell you that almost every True Blue fan thinks Kenyon is an idiot ( being a family board , i have kept my comment polite )

Just because he's part of our club , it doesn't mean we all agree with his comments or actions. Believe it or not , i dislike him even more now than when he was at Man Ure :rolleyes:

in my opinion

Sheva - waste of £30M
Deco - could be the best £8M we've spent

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
on the subject of Kenyon
wilkinskenyon-thumb-160x256.png
plus one drunken night out and
images.jpg
equals
80289096-thumb-160x324.jpg
What do you think?

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The only chief executive with a champions league losers medal!

The breadth of the mans arrogance is astounding.He is a truly truly vile individual, he lectured Lampard about how Chelsea expected him to show loyalty and see out the remaining year of his contract yet he was placed on gardening leave by Utd for hawking himself to Chelsea!

For me they are a perfect match a noveau riche club who act like they can replace years of history by buying success.

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
For me they are a perfect match a noveau riche club who act like they can replace years of history by buying success.
.....so a discussion about an individual turns into a general slagging off of Chelsea ?

Yes , we were lucky that RA decided to make us the club he bought into but this crap about Chelsea having no history is the usual drivel belted out by oppo fans who have no knowledge of Chelsea at all. It makes Chelsea sound like they just materialised out of thin air 5 yrs ago which is probably what the big boys think when we gatecrashed their little club.

Maybe fans should change the quote to " You've got no successful history ".....but then again , that would be wrong too.

.....and as Millwall once sang...." No-one likes , we don't care "
:)

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
[quote It makes Chelsea sound like they just materialised out of thin air 5 yrs ago which is probably what the big boys think when we gatecrashed their little club.

[/QUOTE]

I know thats not true, I remember the 90's when Chelsea where almost a top 4 side like newcastle and leeds :D

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In terms of the fans and history no you didn't just appear out of thin air (i remember Dixon etc) but Kenyon isn't the only one who talks like that at Chelsea.
Bruce Buck isn't exactly shy about telling the football world how big Chelsea are and how important they are in European football, you don't hear The Glazers,The Hill Woods or those two at Liverpool shouting about how important they are in Europe.And those two are part of your public face.

All the top clubs have one advantage over the rest and it's money so no problems with you buying top players what Ambramovich does with his money is up to him.(Just wish he'd bought some real flair like Robininho sooner)